Notice Me (Gothic)

• 26 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the great feedback ...
I really like your voice. I liked all the unexpected background vocals. Kept me guessing what was coming next. I would have loved to hear a Nile Rogers type fast and funky guitar to add some brightness. Of course, what song wouldn't benefit from that?! Haha. Really liked it.

Lynn

I LOVE Nile Rodgers ... I went to see him in Dublin this year and got to shake his hand ... the hand that has played on songs that have cumulatively sold more than 1 Billion records!!!!!!

Oh, cool! He lives in a small town not that far from me, and I read a funny article about how he left his guitar, or should I say THE guitar, on a commuter train into NYC. He was really lucky it was brought to lost and found. Crazy.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 06:08:58 PM »
Hola! Really strong! I like a lot the sound too, it has a "live" color that puts you there. Gothic, Psychedelic, it is an interesting fusion. Hasta otro día. Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 01:42:28 AM »
Yes, this is proper funky mate!
Totally unusual combination of influences with that choir coming in.  Another big arthouse rocker.  You don't sound at all constrained by convention in your song structures, which keeps it all unpredictable and exciting.
Top drawer material.
It's all too beautiful.

Katie Wilson

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 01:31:39 PM »
Wow , what a great song , it made me smile and it did sound Bowieish like someone else said , really took me back , for me it just took me and held onto me and was so funky , I can imagine myself dancing to this - well done and thanks for sharing

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 09:43:54 PM »
Don't know about Goth but a great groove fore sure, love the drums.
Mix a little uneven, found the distorted guitars a bit too up front and the vocals a tad to buried but no big deal, tad is the key word here i.e. down to taste.
The choir was an unexpected but nice addition.
Some kind of break down to let the listener catch his breath would have been nice I think, lacking a little dynamics given it's length, but that is me of course.
Love the ending!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 11:08:34 PM »
Quite Peter Gabriel in it's composition.

Almost like Rightly covering Sledgehammer!

Love it.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 05:16:15 PM »
A pretty huge production here! I'm not sure about Gothic but there is a definitely a slightly frantic and unsettling atmosphere, perfect for the subject matter I think. Guitars very well played and recorded. I think I'll remember the general atmosphere more than any of the particular moments but that definitiely is a success in itself.

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 04:17:41 PM »
Enjoyed this one :)

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »
Great work!! This had me shuffling across the kitchen floor on my way to my mid morning coffee.

It has a real nice groove to it. The production is top quality too. Really good song. Some great guitar playing too which is always a winner with me! I'm sure this has already been mentioned but reminds me of Bowie.

Great stuff

Darren

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 11:07:44 AM »
Vocal was very 80's, I thought...reminded me a little of the guy from The Associates. I like how you are able to give it a particular direction with a different vocal style delivery...and tailor the backing to support it. That must take a lot of skill and versatility...all my stuff comes out sounding the same  :D

I'm very happy that you are getting the recognition you deserve for your great writing  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »
Hello mate,

Very tasty guitar work! Cool vibe to the whole thing! Good stuff!  ;D

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 08:38:38 PM »
Hey Kevin,

Mate I'm digging the 'gothic' production on this, real depth and width feels really really cool.

Usually feel out of my depth trying to review on here but this raises the bar, what a groove! And those vocals jumping around, makes me glad I invested in some proper headphones - earbuds wont do this justice.

I hope you continue down this vein and I find very alluring.

All the best,
Scott.