konalavadome

Lonely Man

• 11 Replies

Sullish

• Busker
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »
This site was recommended to us by a friend, so here goes!

Written and recorded in the last month, finally finished this weekend, fire away............

Lonely Man

Think about it
How do you live your life
Are you lonely
Or do you have a wife
Are you single
Do you sleep alone
In your bedroom
With your mobile phone

Taking time
Taking time to find

And I will try to find somebody, if I can.

Do you remember
When you were young
Things were different
Having so much fun
Times are changing
As you grow old
In your bedroom
Sleeping alone

Somebody find me,
Somebody find me someone to love
Somebody find me,
Somebody find me someone to love

Soundcloud link:

http://snd.sc/qphFeU
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:41:40 PM by Sullish »

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:25:05 PM »
Hi, musically and your voice ,absolutely bang on, great production quality , just not my cup of tea genre wise , i'm just no into pop rock, but hey thousands would probably
Learner guitarist

Kafla

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »
Agree with Jim here sorry,

Everything is so nicely played and recorded

But the lyrics are just so cheesy and I hope you don't mind me saying the song is very one paced, not a lot of changes

I think this style of music needs something bigger and more epic

Don't pay much attention to me on here though - most people will tell you I talk a lot of bull ;D

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »
interesting song, melodywise, verse and chorus are fine. singing is good, very nice voyce to. but lyrics are so, so and your production is imo way over the top. this also is a song that i would like to hear in a stripped down version and without that busy guitarplayer. (is that a real guitar or one coming from a box?)

gr.  Dan
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:42:10 AM by cheff daniel »

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
It's fairly pleasant and all, well sung and production is fine. It just seems a bit...80's? I just cant help feeling that I've heard every bit of it before...the big drums, synthy backing, huge overdriven guitar intro and the backing vocals on the chorus etc..

Sullish

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »
Thanks for your comments chaps, we really appreciate what has been said.

It's our first go at writing /performing our own stuff after years of trawling out covers in bars etc, far more aesthetically pleasing!

The production is a tad over the top but we're using it as a learning curve, our next offering will be more stripped down, oh, and the guitar is 'very' real, good ain't he............ ;D

Sullish

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »
Just bumping to put it up with our new song in case you didn't hear this one.....

gitmanban

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »
Is this your band? Did you record everything yourselves?
There is some 'rough diamond'-quality to this. I think you can work on more convincing vocals, they seem a little shaky. Sing it like you mean it! Make me believe your words. Drums are a little off sometimes. The final mix has a muddy sound to it, do you guys have some mixing expertise? I would try to get a crisper drum sound and strive for more recording clarity. Very nice guitar solo's though :)

I totally agree with what has been said before here, musically, this piece has almost no contrast. If you decide on a solid chord progression, you can still create tension with rhythm changes or fills, rising melodies and especially a solid arrangement. Maybe try putting in a sing&clap section, this will create a nice tension&release build-up.
Also:
"Are you single
Do you sleep alone
In your bedroom
With your mobile phone"
This last sentence made me cringe. Yes alone and phone rhyme, but it feels like such an unsingable phrase... 'with your mobile phone'... singing tends to portray states of emotion, and a mobile phone sure isn't anything emotional. It could be a medium for emotion though. Maybe something like 'Did you get dumped via your mobile phone' would work better (sorry for the 'via', can't think of the right way of putting it right now).

Sullish

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »
gitmanban, all points taken.

We recorded it ourselves in a shed with minimal equipment, hence the average production quality.

As for the lyrics, I wanted it to sound a bit 'corny', a la Robbie Williams, nothing too serious so 'mobile phone' just seemed to sound 'right'........

gitmanban

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 09:00:02 PM »
Hah, if it feels right, do it :D

chrislong170273

• Open Mic
    • Chris Long: Composer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 01:02:47 AM »
yep, agree with bitmanban

but i really like the melody and harmony in the verse, it is memorable, the stuff around it can be developed.

Chris
www.chrislong.me.uk
@ChrisLongCOMP

Sullish

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
Bump!