konalavadome

(new song) Give a little love

• 21 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 04:09:08 PM »
Hi Kevin, love the guitar sounds on this and your vocals are excellent. Enjoyed the song and liked the different sections. One or twice for a few seconds the drum pattern didn't quite fit the sound in my head, and it wasn't out of time it was just the phrasing seemed slightly at odds,but hey, that's a minor issue.
Great stuff, as usual!
Cheers
Jamie

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 07:20:03 PM »
Hi,

This has your usual epic feel - this would work so well in a huge stadium with a full rock band. I thought the arrangement of the guitar parts was very effective and I liked the way the song morphed and moved between the different parts. Vocal is so well delivered and recorded - a thing of wonder as always.

A polished, professional sounding and very effective recording.

M

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 09:53:19 AM »
Rocktastic...loved the heavy guitar sound.

Highlight for me was the breakdown section in the middle and I particularly liked what sounded like ethereal voices around the 3:30 mark.

Nicely constructed.

Yodasdad

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 06:52:03 PM »
thanks for the listens guys,comments always appreciated and noted for future use :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 07:14:45 AM »

Love the melodic and phrasing transition from verse to chorus.

It s how it should be. the chorus adds sth completely new; keeps it interesting; still fits the verse.

Great.

I wonder what would happen, if you tried to approach a song in a more modern way. in terms of writing and arrangement.

cheers

B

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 01:58:14 PM »

Love the melodic and phrasing transition from verse to chorus.

It s how it should be. the chorus adds sth completely new; keeps it interesting; still fits the verse.

Great.

I wonder what would happen, if you tried to approach a song in a more modern way. in terms of writing and arrangement.

cheers

B

an interesting point regarding a more modern way of writing/arranging I would be grateful if you could explain further.. :) given that a saw the Kaiser chiefs recently and they sounded similar to this song only worse...in my very humble opinion :) (and i am biased of course) and they are very popular...

thanks for listening mate :) :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:06:11 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »
an interesting point regarding a more modern way of writing/arranging I would be grateful if you could explain further.. Smiley

well; of course the music we make, is influenced by the music we listen to most.
So, what music do you listen to?

it s kinda hard to name good bands that make modern music which is not too electro.

maybe grizzly bear, Radiohead, Sigur ros....

I mean, maybe i m wrong, but you re music sounds like a GREAT homage to those tunes from the 80s.
and thats great; i m just curious what would happen if you wrote sth...else. cause you do have the skills:)
dont mind

cheers