konalavadome

Hello from France

• 9 Replies

Humbug

• Busker
« on: July 26, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »
Hello!  :)

My name is Victor, I am 18 years old  and I live in the south of France. I am on this forum because, as you may guess, I'm interested in songwriting! I really love England and speaking English so that's why I decided to go on an English forum.
I play the electric guitar since 4 months and try to write my own songs, but I find it a bit difficult (maybe am I too hard with me?) because I always have the feeling that my songs are not good enough and my chord progressions too "cliché".
I'm really into 2000s rock and britpop currently, my favourite band is Arctic Monkeys but I really like Oasis, The Strokes, The Libertines, Supergrass... So these are also my influences. I also like Eminem & Dr Dre.

I think that's all for me, thank you for reading and see your soon! :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
Ah ! Ces't bon Victor. Bienvenue a notre forum.

You will find a wide range of musical styles on our friendly forum. Jump right on in and have a good look around. Looking forward to hearing some of your tunes.

All the best

John

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »
Hi Victor

Welcome to the forum.

I'm in France too.... near Angoulême. I'm a rosbif though.

Don't be shy about putting up one of your songs for review...you'll get some good feedback here. And have a listen to some of the other stuff that's being posted.

(Hey PJ, don't I have a copyright on 'jump right on in'?)
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Humbug

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 09:50:35 PM »
Ah ! Ces't bon Victor. Bienvenue a notre forum.

You will find a wide range of musical styles on our friendly forum. Jump right on in and have a good look around. Looking forward to hearing some of your tunes.

All the best

John

Hello John,

Thank you for your message and thank you for speaking French, I really appreciate it!
Yes I noticed that as I wandered the forum, and that's great! People here create really good songs and reviews are always constructive.

Have a nice evening,

Victor

Hi Victor

Welcome to the forum.

I'm in France too.... near Angoulême. I'm a rosbif though.

Don't be shy about putting up one of your songs for review...you'll get some good feedback here. And have a listen to some of the other stuff that's being posted.

(Hey PJ, don't I have a copyright on 'jump right on in'?)

Hi,

Thank you very much for your message!

What a surprise that you're in France! Angoulême is beautiful isn't it? Ahah yes that's the nickname that French people give to English people,  just like the nickname given by English people to French people is "French frogs" or something like that ;D
I would like to but I've got nearly nothing to record my songs properly so I maybe won't post my songs until I buy a decent microphone (I want to start a band so it will not take long). Yes of course, and there's really good stuff to listen to so I will do it, for sure!  ;)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »
Sauter directment sur n'est pas
Soray I forgot this was a songwriting forum  :)

Don't worry Victor. If you comment on stuff and ask questions you will get lots of feedback and advice

Cheers

Pompeyjazz

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »
Bonjour!

Welcome to the forum

Don't forget to ask around for advice about what recording setup would suit your needs/budgets - collectively we have probably done just about everything relating to recording setups from smart phone through to professional recording studio and everything in between!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Gill

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »
Nice to have you on board, Welcome  ;)

Humbug

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
Sauter directment sur n'est pas
Soray I forgot this was a songwriting forum  :)

Don't worry Victor. If you comment on stuff and ask questions you will get lots of feedback and advice

Cheers

Pompeyjazz

Thank you John, I'm looking forward to listen to your music and also to have your opinion on mine!

Cheers

Victor

Bonjour!

Welcome to the forum

Don't forget to ask around for advice about what recording setup would suit your needs/budgets - collectively we have probably done just about everything relating to recording setups from smart phone through to professional recording studio and everything in between!

Thank you, and thank you again for the information, that's good to know!

Nice to have you on board, Welcome  ;)

Thank you! :)

writer

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 08:32:10 AM »
Hello all, new member from today here.. I like to write songs..
Spam links removed by Tone

Nicolajane87

• Open Mic
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 11:10:42 PM »
Hi welcome to the forum.