I got the power..
 To pardon me
 Whoopppeee !
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:29:57 PM by Paulski »

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 09:08:35 PM »

Hi Paulski,
     Watch your back my friend, and don't forget the bullet proof vest and tin hat. You really don't like the man do you? He's not so bad, compared to Hitler, then again! Anyway, this works for me, if not the republicans. One nit, the Clinton line could be better, oh! and i think the Whoopee at the end is surplus to requirements. Right on the money though.

Vintage54

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
hi
what was that line from the bible

"when the lion lies down with the lamb"
it's spooky
Sadly he is a serious threat to most living creatures on the planet

if Trump gets through with this... I actually won't be surprised
It is a bitter pill to swallow for the Ammys.

Some credibility might be salvaged if he gets impeached.

You have an incredible degree of talent.
I wonder how many, or if you have a CD of solid work?

you're letting off steam in this one, n it's necessary.
I'd love o hear it!

Fond regards, Rightly.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:49:54 AM »
A neat write, Paulski

Short, snappy and witty.

On a more controversial note, I'm pretty sure that Russia-gate is a deliberately false narrative, cooked up to excuse the Democratic Party's woeful failures and push America away from normalising relations with Russia. That's playing a very dangerous game, and is pushing China and Russia closer together.

I still maintain that Hillary's House of Cards will collapse one day. I might be a mug...but I really think it could be biblical  :o

Sorry about the ramble...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 06:37:10 AM »
Paul,

I like it a lot, its succinct and cleaver and I think the repeating chorus will be great to sing along to!

:)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 04:37:32 AM »
Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it.  

On the matter of current news regarding this administration.  

I cannot help the mental image that snaps into my mind every time I see new White House Communications director Anthony Scaramucci.  

The mental image that instantly snaps into my mind is of Eddie Haskell -- older, but not really grown up, on Meth.  

(Those of you who don't know who Eddie Haskell is, it won't mean anything to you.)

It's almost like Trump tried to create a "mini-me" from a Chuckie Doll with disastrous results.

A thought that clicked into my mind after re-reading your lyric runs along the lines of "Pardon Me -- oh, never mind, I'll do it myself."   Then, "Why do I have to do EVERYTHING" if I want to get it right.  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:40:04 AM by hardtwistmusic »
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 07:23:40 AM »
Oh lordy, that is great stuff! I think you should package and sell it. You'll be a millionaire! America is so ripe for this sort of thing at the moment.

On the political angle, I'm nodding my head in agreement with PaulAds about the Russiagate propaganda. It's pure propaganda, except I have a different perspective on the why. Perhaps it serves more than one purpose. I believe the Russiagate story evolved to take the focus off of the criminal election fraud perpetrated by the Democrats during the primaries. Neither candidate has/had clean hands when it came to Russian connections. In addition, they have not put one shred of solid proof forward to substantiate all of the hot air over it. It's harkening back to the Iraq War runup with Colin Powell's hole-filled speech before the UN. Our war state needs a constant enemy to keep the war economy humming along. The only solid jobs in this country are with defense contractors, and that's the truth. It's what brought the economy back after the Great Depression, and those born to parents who survived it are now running this shameful, murderous waste of taxpayer money for their own financial gain.

Oh, I can't get started down that track or my train car will unhitch and roll down the mountain faster than an eagle diving toward a running rabbit in an open field.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 04:07:13 AM »

I still maintain that Hillary's House of Cards will collapse one day. I might be a mug...but I really think it could be biblical  :o

Isn't the "collapse of Hillary's house of cards" seven month old news?  What further collapse is necessary?

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone so crushed by an outcome, and I don't know that I've ever been as pleased that someone's "chickens came home to roost" and created a negative outcome for them. 

But really. . . what more could one wish for in terms of a "collapsing house of cards?"   
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:09:49 AM by hardtwistmusic »
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 06:54:22 AM »

I still maintain that Hillary's House of Cards will collapse one day. I might be a mug...but I really think it could be biblical  :o

Isn't the "collapse of Hillary's house of cards" seven month old news?  What further collapse is necessary?

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone so crushed by an outcome, and I don't know that I've ever been as pleased that someone's "chickens came home to roost" and created a negative outcome for them. 

But really. . . what more could one wish for in terms of a "collapsing house of cards?"   

I think it's just getting started...all that's happened so far is that she didn't win and her and her supporters have refused to come to terms with it, settling on a strategy of ham-stringing the incoming administration.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Awan brothers, Loretta Lynch, The Clinton Foundation, James Comey, the unmasking scandal, Susan Rice, Obama, Sally Yates, the DNC fraud lawsuit, Libya, selling Uranium to Russia, prosecution for using a private server for classified information, many mysterious deaths...there's a whole lot of stuff I think is yet to hit the fan.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 04:22:26 AM »

I think it's just getting started...all that's happened so far is that she didn't win and her and her supporters have refused to come to terms with it, settling on a strategy of ham-stringing the incoming administration.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Awan brothers, Loretta Lynch, The Clinton Foundation, James Comey, the unmasking scandal, Susan Rice, Obama, Sally Yates, the DNC fraud lawsuit, Libya, selling Uranium to Russia, prosecution for using a private server for classified information, many mysterious deaths...there's a whole lot of stuff I think is yet to hit the fan.

Sadly, the odds of that happening are about as likely as her having won the 2016 election.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »
Thanks everyone - I see I've set off some political discourse  ;D ;D Never a bad thing IMHCO.
I'm hoping the "pardon" thingy resurfaces in the news as the WH drama continues to fester.
Oh, and Vintage maybe I should use "Bigly" instead of "Whoopee" or both  ;D ;D

Paul