new stuff - porcelain

• 25 Replies

JoeAntaine

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 04:04:52 PM »
I really enjoyed this one.
Reminds me of a guy I used to arrange for years ago.
Nice atmosphere. I could hear that on one of those TV dramas,set in the mid west.
Nice vocal, could do with a little more polish on the production.

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »
Slow burner that built up some momentum as it went on - Changes in pace seemed quite stark at times which left you wondering where is was going to end up - Great effort

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 11:37:18 AM »
Hi,

Oh yes, indeedy. Give me more of this. Loved it right from the start as this is right up my street musically and lyrically. Your vocals are beautifully, gently delivered and the production is gorgeous. In a sane world this would be all over the radio.

The musical highlight of my day so far.

M

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 12:57:19 PM »
Hello Everyone again and ty for your time and support; it means a lot to me;

@Mverboenk

I actually like the long outro as it is (like slowly waking up Wink), but I do think the first verse is a bit too long before you go to the chorus...

Thanks for sharing!!

TY and your welcome; still working on some arrangement stuff.

@Paulski

Happy to see sth new from you!

;D

Lovely song. I always love it when there is a stop, pause in a song to escape from the relentless tick track we get imprisoned by at times. Well, I do anyway

yes; i tried with dynamics; i ike it too.

I thought the kick was a little aggressive before the raunchy part comes in and the snare a little weak in the second half. All down to taste I know but as skub says, doesn't detract from the quality of the songwriting here  Grin

still working on the mix. Tx a lot P.

@Cramer

I like the mellow stuff Butch...not as much as some of your stuff but it's nice all the same. Vocal is always good...lyrics and delivery good.

thank you

The two parts together don't work for me as well as they could do...i'm wondering about the transition between parts.

it s a challenge
I hate to criticise when someone is trying to experiment with stuff...it's more than I ever do!

don t worry; i criticise when artists repeat stuff :)

Just wonder if the song could bear more thinking about in terms of knitting it all together as a satisfying whole. Nothing wrong with the song as such just I didn't get the flow too well but that may be just me

Yes; there will be a live drum session tonight; i m curious...

Ty

@David Christy

Keep it up, look forward to hearing more! Cheesy

thank you. I have about 40 songs on SoundCloud; feel free to listen :)

@PaulAds

I thought this one was great

;)

Daft as it might sound, but I think you could have had two great songs here instead of just one

no; i get what you say, but....no :)

and I hope that doesn't come across negatively at all...because it think it's a really excellent song.

nono. all good. tx a lot my friend.

@shadowfax

A good song..works for me mate, the only crit i have is that the distorted guitar is a bit too, sort of.. crackly..but no biggie Smiley Smiley

ty; we will try different guitar amps.

@Yodasdad

I enjoyed this, there was an unpredictability and authenticity about it that I liked.

GREAT !

Production is a tricky thing for sure. I wouldn't really notice an issue here but I can hear that it doesn't quite have that full, phat sound that you seemed to be after.

yes

As for the song itself though, nice work. There was a catchiness to it without it being too pop and losing its edge, which I suspect wouldn't be what you'd want.

:)

@JoeAntaine

Nice vocal, could do with a little more polish on the production.

agree; ty

@Morefrog Jones

Slow burner that built up some momentum as it went on - Changes in pace seemed quite stark at times which left you wondering where is was going to end up - Great effort

thank you; yes; i wanted to make a song thats everything but not boring :)

@montydog

thank you too.

The musical highlight of my day so far.

oh; what a great compliment :)

Okay; so far so good; the whole thing is not finished and i ll be posting an update in the next week.

Thank you all for your attention.

B.

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 08:30:17 AM »
nice work and good production  ;D
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 03:51:14 PM »
Hi, very recognisable as your style. Great vocals and I enjoyed the dynamics and arrangement/ instrumentation. A bit poppier than you usual 'dark' sound.
Good stuff!
Cheers
Jamie

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 08:30:53 PM »
Rightly and Jamie; I thank you and sorry for the late reply.

After several weeks of intensive work (mostly by other people :)) we produced a new version of the song "porcelain".
The people i worked with are audio engineer students from Berlin; they played and recorded drums, bass and some other additional instruments; did mix and mastering.

I thank you all very much:

Drums: Jonas Riemer
Bass (Verse): Carl L. Wetzig
Piano, Strings, zusätzliche Gitarren, Produktion, Mix: Justus Wirth (altessockenfach)
Mastering: Jan Ohlhorst
Rest: The Butcher

https://soundcloud.com/inside-man-1/porcelain

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 08:19:25 AM »
Hi,
Love the delicateness of the verses and their repeating melody, cleaver pre-chorus build and the chorus is catchy although I found the transition to the to the rhythm slightly odd at first, but once you're there its all good. Stylish backing and cool vocals and harmonies.
Quality as ever
 :)
neil

songwriter of no repute..

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 01:02:28 PM »
HI Butcher. This is a sophisticated song and well produced and balanced. Satisfying to listen to. It agree with Sea that the outro is a little long. If you tighten it up a bit and shave 30 seconds off, it would be a real winner for me.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »
Hey hey

Loved the lyrics. The first half of this songs reminds me somewhat of Radiohead. The vocal is lovely and some nice harmonies in there. It's really chilled out....

..and then all of a sudden it picks up and the switch into it is seamless. It's a really great contrast. This section is my favourite. Really great rhythm to it and I like the hook.

I think this is a very well done track :)

Thanks

Darren

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2017, 12:40:24 PM »
Great Vibe - loads going on - Really enjoyed the listen.