konalavadome

Hangin' On

• 31 Replies

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« on: July 22, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »
Here is the latest collaboration track from myself and Andy at Caw Productions, hope you like it

Mikey

Verse 1:

You see me watching you dancing
Shaking your stuff on the floor
You're moving it and shaking it
Showing me what you've got
To make me watch you some more
You dance with me and tease me
You squeeze me and you hold me tight
But then you're gone and I see you're going home
With a different guy every night

Chorus:

You keep me hangin' on
Hanging on the line
cos you know that I'll be waiting
for you to be mine

Verse 2:

At the end of the evening
You come over and you ask me to dance
you said you've kept waiting around for too long
Tonight you're gonna give me a chance
So I walk you home in the moonlight
Can hardly wait to get in the door
Rockin' and a Rollin' all night long
And then I leave you begging for more

Verse 3:

I see you watching me dancing
Shaking my stuff on the floor
You keep asking me to take you home
Beggin' me to give you some more
But I can't forget when you teased me
Kept me waiting all that time
Now you're the one who is waiting
And maybe one day you will be mine

Final Chorus:

I've got you hangin' on
Hanging on my line
Cos I know that you'll be waiting
And hoping you'll be mine

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 08:33:38 PM »
Nice, thick slice of classic rock, love the electric in the intro/chorus!
The acoustic in the intro did not cut it for me though, way to "thin", would work much better with a fuller, more ringing sound.
The bass guitar should really come up a bit to add more drive and fullness to the mix.
Solid song and performance, me like!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:23:30 PM »
Yo Mikey.

If that's you playing guitar in the youtube pics,you look more like a Michelle. Is there something you need to share? Hmm?  ;)

I liked the song and the overall sound. I thought the solo mid way kind of lost focus and meandered a little,I also thought maybe it was little too much on the clean side of overdrive.

Minor niggles aside,I enjoyed the listen. Not enough RAWK out there.  :)

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »
Nice, thick slice of classic rock, love the electric in the intro/chorus!
The acoustic in the intro did not cut it for me though, way to "thin", would work much better with a fuller, more ringing sound.
The bass guitar should really come up a bit to add more drive and fullness to the mix.
Solid song and performance, me like!

Thanks JB, pleased to have a good review from a fellow rocker!

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:26:40 PM »
Yo Mikey.

If that's you playing guitar in the youtube pics,you look more like a Michelle. Is there something you need to share? Hmm?  ;)

I liked the song and the overall sound. I thought the solo mid way kind of lost focus and meandered a little,I also thought maybe it was little too much on the clean side of overdrive.

Minor niggles aside,I enjoyed the listen. Not enough RAWK out there.  :)

LOL, Thanks dude, thats Andy in the pics but it took him ages to photoshop out the beard,  :D.

Glad you liked the track, the main solo is an acoustic, the track initially was going to be more acoustic rock, but it developed into a heavier track as we went along, we kept in the acoustic parts to stop it going too crazy!

Thanks, Mikey

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »
Hi Guys Thanks for the replies,

Ha, and yes Mike, those shoes are a bugger to walk in, ooops, I said too much.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »
Hellloo Andy.  :-*

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »
I liked this track a lot fellas.  It had a cool melodic 70s Rock vibe - mostly down to the picked guitars in the intro / around the choruses I think. Although it has its own character and is original, it made me think of tracks like "More Than a Feeling" or "Don't Fear the Reaper" - that kind of spirit to it.  The vocals sound very good, nice production throughout, and it keeps up a solid foot-tapping energy all the way through.  Well done guys, certainly one to enjoy on repeat.
I won't comment on the high heels - whatever gets you through the night.  :)
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 10:11:30 PM »
Hi Mikey. I thought this was good. Reminded me of the American New wave feel. Great melody. My only crit would be that it needs to be a bit more dirty, especially the guitar solo which has endless opportunities for going well over the top with a bit / lot of distortion and drive. Having said that it works as it is but just think you might get that extra oomph by doing that. Only suggestions anyway. It's a damn fine song  :)

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 08:28:01 PM »
Thanks again for comments,

Me and mikey did chat about the solo style, I quite liked the acoustic as it gave a little break from the thrash of the guitars but mikey wanted to dirty it up.

Thats what collabing is about give and take....I won this time but I am sure mikey will get his revenge on the next one.

Glad everyone could hear the infiuences, you were all bang on. More mikeys vibe than mine, I am more of an oasis chap myself.

Enough about the shoes, People will talk.. 8)

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »
I liked this track a lot fellas.  It had a cool melodic 70s Rock vibe - mostly down to the picked guitars in the intro / around the choruses I think. Although it has its own character and is original, it made me think of tracks like "More Than a Feeling" or "Don't Fear the Reaper" - that kind of spirit to it.  The vocals sound very good, nice production throughout, and it keeps up a solid foot-tapping energy all the way through.  Well done guys, certainly one to enjoy on repeat.
I won't comment on the high heels - whatever gets you through the night.  :)

Cheers Pauly, thats exactly the style we were going for, I'm a big fan of that type of stuff, and most of the tracks I do tend to head in that direction, and you've spotted where I stole the riff from! really glad you liked it

Mikey

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 08:58:45 PM »
Hi Mikey. I thought this was good. Reminded me of the American New wave feel. Great melody. My only crit would be that it needs to be a bit more dirty, especially the guitar solo which has endless opportunities for going well over the top with a bit / lot of distortion and drive. Having said that it works as it is but just think you might get that extra oomph by doing that. Only suggestions anyway. It's a damn fine song  :)

Thanks Pompey, I did consider replacing the solo, but as you can see, Andy forced me to leave it alone!, actually we discussed it and decided to leave it as it was as it made the song a little different to the usual rock style solo.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it, its great to get positive comments from some of the talented people on here.

mikey

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 08:21:12 AM »
Hey Mikey,

Awesome track! Enjoyed reading the lyrics - they read and flow effortlessly and have that quality of seeming like the rhyming is almost coincident when telling a story.

I really enjoyed the acoustic element personally and thought the solo sat nicely. Is about the right level of 'crazy ' fot me.

Nothing constructive sorry, way above my level musically.

All the best,
Scott

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 07:21:33 PM »
Hey Mikey,

Awesome track! Enjoyed reading the lyrics - they read and flow effortlessly and have that quality of seeming like the rhyming is almost coincident when telling a story.

I really enjoyed the acoustic element personally and thought the solo sat nicely. Is about the right level of 'crazy ' fot me.

Nothing constructive sorry, way above my level musically.

All the best,
Scott

Hey Scott, thanks for the positive feedback, I'm glad you like the lyrics, I like to try and write something with a bit of a story, and the acoustic parts were exactly as you say, designed to stop the track getting too wild.

Glad you enjoyed it,

Mikey

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 12:57:50 AM »
Hi guys

What a great build on the intro!
Yep I hear the classic rock influences here to - nice.
I think the lead vocals could come down a bit (can't believe I just said that) especially when they hit those high minor thirds - just a tad?

Enjoyed the listen (esp the guitars)  ;D
Paul