konalavadome

I have no idea what subject should go here....

• 33 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 07:27:42 PM »
Hang tough the both of you.
We'll be thinking of you across the miles.

Paul

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 10:31:46 PM »
Vicki, I'm so sorry to hear your news :( Sending very best wishes and mega healing vibes to your daughter and to you. x
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 02:05:07 PM »
I have always said this forum is awesome and supportive. I was referring to music, but now I am expanding my intent. It makes such a difference to know people are thinking of us.

We (her dad and I) have been at her house this week. Her family just moved and she just started a new job. Her husband is still st their old house working his old job till the end of the month so she's alone with their 3-yr-old daughter and being overwhelmed with everything. Her husband will come for the weekend but has to go back for one more week.

She's actually more worried about finances, since she isn't eligible for insurance until October 1, at her new job. Her husband's dad has offered to help some financially, so that has relieved a little stress. My brain is in frenetic mode, thinking about one aspect and then another.

Anyway, enough details. Thank you so much for all your kind wishes.

Vicki
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:27:54 AM by CaliaMoko »

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 12:08:54 AM »
I will be thinking of you and your daughter through the weeks and months ahead.  I'm pretty sure many others here will be doing the same. 

Positive thoughts sent out to the two of you whenever I can think them. 

Wish I/We could do more.   
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 02:05:17 PM »

best wishes and positive rays to you and your daughter vicki
hope all goes well
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 05:20:47 AM »
Oh, Vicky, I'm so sorry to hear your daughter has been hit with this. What horrible timing, too. It's an extra punch in the gut when you fall through the cracks for insurance coverage. We're still in the barbarian stage of evolution when it comes to caring for each other on a larger scale like this. It's so wrong, at least that's my opinion.

I went through this a couple of years ago and decided to go nuclear because in ten years from now I may have no insurance at all. The recurrence rate for excise plus radiation was 30% after ten years. My husband will be retired by then and I'll be on my own for insurance coverage at that stage. I said, "Just take it all." It turned out to be the right decision for me because they found more on the other side that hadn't been caught. I was extremely fortunate with the outcome and got my expected recurrence rate down to 2% with just surgery, and I walked out with a better-looking pair than when I went in.

My hope is that everything goes as well for your daughter as is did for me. Hugs and healing thoughts for you, your daughter and her family.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 03:08:54 PM »
Thank you, Verlon, noons, and Jenna. I also went through this a couple years ago, Jenna, plus four years before that. The second time I opted for the bilateral option, as well. I sincerely believe I must have a gene mutation conducive to breast cancer that hasn't been found yet.

I'm so glad my daughter has me for support!

Vicki

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »
Thank you, Verlon, noons, and Jenna. I also went through this a couple years ago, Jenna, plus four years before that. The second time I opted for the bilateral option, as well. I sincerely believe I must have a gene mutation conducive to breast cancer that hasn't been found yet.

I'm so glad my daughter has me for support!

Vicki

She's a very lucky woman to have you there. Not everybody does. My husband was downright heroic during that timeframe. He's been with his employer for decades, so has a lot of vacation time he earns every year. They were able to do the skin-sparing procedure, which is something of a new thing, so all of my skin had to heal by adhering to the muscle tissue underneath. I was not able to use my arms until the drains were removed, and the more I did use them, the longer it took to remove the drains. I think that was the worst of it. That was a couple of weeks. But the whole process is a marathon that after about three months you just want it over and done with.

My mom passed of lung cancer (never smoker) about five years ago. Her family has a lot of cancer, so they checked me for a particular gene mutation that interferes with your body's ability to detoxify substances and leads to many different kinds of cancer. It turns out I did carry a version of that mutation, but one with unknown significance. We still don't know if all of that cancer was genetic or not. I'm guessing it most likely is. 

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »
Hi Vicki,

Just spotted this post, sorry to hear about your daughter and hope all goes well her.

Regards
Andy

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2017, 05:41:00 AM »
Thank you, Andy. We're really hoping--depending--on everything going well. We'll know more after next Tuesday's oncology appointment, but it sounds like she found it early.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2017, 07:28:20 AM »
Catching things early is half the battle so that is some good news

Will be thinking of you all on Tuesday

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Oldbutyet

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2017, 07:55:04 AM »
Vicki, is it okay to ask what your daughter first name is.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2017, 01:46:07 PM »
Sure, Pat. Her name is Amanda.

Andyb

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 11:21:55 PM »
Your post really struck a chord with me. I've been posting stuff from my band the signal fires on this forum for a while now. My wife who also.played keyboards and sang in the band was diagnosed with breast cancer last November I am glad to say she is one week away from finishing her treatment and it has all gone to plan. Her diagnosis meant she had to step away from the band but encouraged me to keep writing and recording  although we have all but ceased live gigs for the time being. She even modelled for the album artwork of our single consequence of love whilst going through her chemo. I'm not going to lie treatment is hard. Hard for the patient and hard on their family but it is fixable. I don't know the ins and outs of your daughters condition but I cant stress how important a positive attitude is. It will put everything in to perspective for you all. Good luck and best wishes and stay positive. We have some of the best cancer treatment in the world in this country.

Oldbutyet

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 11:43:24 PM »
Thanks Vicki, as you know there are many great people working everyday too find a gene that can destroy this enemy once and for all and as you said  "but it sounds like she found it early"  keep your spirits high.

Don't know if this is appropriate or not, The Highwaymen, all our thoughts are with you Amanda, Keep Your Spirits High, from all here.