konalavadome

( new song ) Tell me why

• 24 Replies

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 05:37:57 PM »
Lovely song. Fine set of lyrics and very gentle and peaceful melody. Beautifully presented and made me feel all mellow. Guitar solo was very nice, too. What's not to like?

I reckon this would work on a pure acoustic if you wanted to keep it really simple  :)

It's nice and catchy, too. Before I pressed play all I could hear in my head was the Beatles' Tell My Why but as soon as it started I forgot all about their song.
West Country Country Boy

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 07:34:36 AM »
A nice timeless piece. Has a sound that seems to invoke a retrospective glance at a time long past. Beautiful sound!!!! I like the song, Shadow......good stuff!
Thanks for the listen!
                                        8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »
Yo Kev.

Good to see and hear you around again man.  :)

A stripped back KNMac is not what I was expecting,but a good song is a good song,the rest is only trimmings.
Your talent for emotive vocals is shown here to be in fine shape.

Ta for the listen.  8)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
Hey Kevin - I always get something new from your songs - there's always a balance of directness and subtleties and always something to listen for.

Very gentle and atmospheric; the chorus in particular has a catchiness to it which feels very comforting. And the blend of all the sounds is so smooth and well chosen.

If I had a question, then it might be: does the easy-listening style match the (abandoned) emotion of the lyric? No matter, a very good listen indeed.

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:40 PM »
Well crafted. Fab key changes and synthy atmosphere. I love the way your music takes me off on a little trip somewhere. Nicely done. Thanks for another lovely journey :)
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 08:40:46 PM »
Yet another great song in the seemingly endless flow of great stuff from you. Not much to say really, the guitars are great and your vocals are as always superb. Solid song. Not sure about the "strings" though. I can see how the start the build up before the electric and drums come in and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but I can helt thinking that this one would have worked great with just that acoustic throughout (would require some variation though). But that is just my personal opinion of course, fab work mate!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 08:35:47 AM »
Thanks for listening and commenting, sorry I'm not around much at the mo, just too busy until around September again....

best, Kevin :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 01:30:20 PM »
Can't fault the sound or production Kevin.

The song has a nice feel and amply creates the quiet mellow mood you were obviously after.

I think I prefer it when you 'get bigger' though. It'd still be mellow...but just....get bigger!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:43 PM »
Can't fault the sound or production Kevin.

The song has a nice feel and amply creates the quiet mellow mood you were obviously after.

I think I prefer it when you 'get bigger' though. It'd still be mellow...but just....get bigger!

I Hear you my friend..the next track is definitely BIGGER..by a long way, Ta for listening :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Sea

• Busker
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2017, 08:46:30 PM »
l really really like this , will be checking out your other tracks on soundcloud...plus you have a very hypnotic voice in my opinion.Love it.