Blignorance

• 10 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: July 13, 2017, 05:41:48 PM »
We all know a lot of people who don't give a fig about anybody else but themselves.

This is a song about "those" sort of people

A bit of a rough round the edges rocker but that's how I wanted it to sound  :)

https://soundcloud.com/pompeyjazz/blignorance

Blignorance

On the other side of my mind
There's a feeling that's making me blind
And it's telling me not to notice, the evils that I see
On the other side of my head
There's a trigger that makes me see red
And I really can't consider what other people see

But I've seen it before, people thrown to the floor
And I have to stand up and scream and shout it

All clued up but nowhere to go
What you see, I'll never know
Can't ignore them, happened to a good friend
Open up you're mind and let it go

On the other side of the street
There are people who are out of the beat
And it's easy not to notice, you can turn you're back
On the other side of the world
There is suffering that's never been heard
But you've got you're comfy lifestyle and you won't change that

But I've seen it before, people thrown to the floor
And I have to stand up and scream and shout it

You'll never find
Open up you're mind
Will you ever see ?

(c) John Bradley - 2017

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 08:39:25 AM »
Good stuff pomps, nicely produced too.

There's a 90's vibe running through this which sits well with me.

Plenty of ignorance about!

There was something about the word can't, of can't ignore them, that kept catching my ear awkwardly. At first I thought it was being sung flat but on closer listening, it's not. I don't know what it is but there's something that doesn't feel quite right about the pitch of that note. Probably just me but I thought I'd mention it.

That's about all i can pick out though, nicely put together.

Yodasdad

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »
Hey Pompey J,
I always look forward to your new tracks.  This one felt like it came in all guns blazing with those opening drum beats.  In fact even before it started the title had drawn me in ... intriguing play on words, and I kind of like the way you never explain the title in the lyrics.  As usual your voice has that killer edge to it.
All that said, I didn't find this one as instant as your others - to my ears this is more of an 'album track' than a 'single' compared to your other recent posts.  I think that's probably because it feels a bit tougher / moodier / more menacing than say "Drone" or "Beach" - more minor chords in the chorus perhaps.  Don't take that as a criticism, often I find that the less instant songs are the ones I like the most 6 months after hearing them because they have more 'gravitas'... I'll have to report back on that in 6 months!
Another big, meaty, solid track from you though.  Don't know how you remain so productive.  Loved the ending too.
It's all too beautiful.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 06:50:04 PM »
Great title mate!!!...bit too much echo on the vox for me..it's good to use a sidechained compressor to reduce the echo while your singing then release it when you stop..

rockin song John...
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »
Hey John

Can't add much to what others have commented. Fair play to Yodasdad (dang...I just 'got' his username :P how slow am I??) for picking up on the 'can't'! But yeah I am calling in to say great track. Like Pauly says this one is more of a grower than your others but on third listen now and it's sinking in ;)

Nice fat drums and guitar and your great raspy vocal as usual. I think the lyrics are superb! Took me a while to work out the title but I guess it's a play on Blind and ignorance? Sorry as I said I am really slow :P

And yeah you are very productive with your music and my hat off to you! Still working on my production I am but I find it over whelming at times :P might have to have a dabble today as I have a wee bit of time :)

Take care buddy

Darren

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 03:42:07 PM »
Great vocals!

Lovely dirty feel to it...and I love the lyrics...the chorus is a belter as well.

I always really look forward to hearing your latest work...I'm never disappointed and this was no exception.

Great stuff John  :)

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
Yo pomps.

I love the anarchic sound on the guitars John,dirty,nasty and in keeping with the topic.

A relevant and pertinent social comment with a rocky wrapper,what's not to like.  8)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 02:21:47 PM »
Backing is right up my street (shades of Suede) and always love your BVs.

The "other side" contrasting verse lyrics are really well conceived and executed.

Yes, probably not as hooky as some of yours but really big sound and great energy and tension.

The vocal has a live feel which is nice and sweaty and dirty, but does sound a bit different to the backing. But small beans, the song's a good one.

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
I listened first then read, and its all been said. Shades of 90s, yes, with a cracking chorus (that highlighted the echo as needing that tweak). Another fab song, Pompey. :)
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 02:55:55 PM »
Hi John

Man that's brickwalled  ;D Gives it a relentless dirty feel, like a "you're not going to ignore what I have to say!" feel.  ;D ;D
Nice melody lines here - very unique IMO.
I thought it needed speeding up though - seemed to be wading through fresh cement by the end.  ;D

Good work
Paul

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 03:00:18 PM »
Yeah...dirty without being menacing. Not as immediately appealing as some of yours though I did like the very start...the drums sounded great.

I'm no expert on the mix or sound front and blessed with poor ears anyway....I'm on headphones too...just wondered if the drums weren't getting a bit lost in the 'big' sound sometimes...maybe that echo thing...nobody else mentions it though so probably just me....

Like the chorus....especially the 'Can't ignore them, happened to a good friend' line.

I like the pitch on the word can't personally....seems fine to me...got a lot of character that particular line.

Listened a couple more times and it does grow especially that chorus.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer