"A Happy Thought"

• 6 Replies

miletteriis

• Busker
« on: September 24, 2011, 05:36:58 PM »
I wrote this song about a week ago, the lyrics are in the description box for the video, please let me know what you think! feedback much appreciated :D

Aria Gracefield

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:35:22 PM »
I kinda liked it, i guess its still a bit rough and the video is slightly distracting i spent a lot of time wondering if u were actually singing on a train or not, but i liked the music and found your 'posh singing' kinda endearing almost Alison Moyet-esque but only on a certain level. ;D

Kafla

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:24:28 AM »
I really like this

First up though i dont like your backing track at all - it sound cheap and nasty - I wold work harder on your sounds and going for a more contemporary sound.

You are one hell of a singer and the melody and lyrics fit very well

I love the video - you are clearly us for some fun ;D

I think you have a lot of potential - just work on your sounds and you are going places ;D

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:24:08 AM »
great melody, very lovely voyce. well composed, I can hear this on the radio. agree with kafla about the backingtrack, first bars are OK but the violins are to sweet and busy.

gr.  Dan

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
Hi,

Good voice, but ditto most of the above concerning the backing track. Not really my kind of music, but you execute it well. Get the right sound behind you and you're going to put out some really good stuff.

All the best,

Digger

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
Fun video!

This sort of genre isn't my kind of thing personally but you've got an interesting voice, quirky and with a beautiful tone. Gorgeous!

I had look at some of your other videos, I really liked the song 'human' as well.

I'd agree about the backing track, before I got in to music production I played in bands, perhaps this would be worth you looking in to if your not in one already?

miletteriis

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »
thanks everyone! very helpful :)

yeah backing isn't really my specialty, it would probably be worth getting someone to help with that at some point but at the moment its all slightly rough around the edges haha

also i'm not much of a guitarist, am looking to work on that in the future though! xxxx