Ram Raid at the Palace of Wonder

• 19 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 09:20:11 AM »
Listened to both and prefer the 2nd one..it's a good bangin song with a good chorus although the semi spoken vocal is sometimes a bit lost in the mix...
good work mate!! :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Humbug

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 07:26:40 PM »
I really love it! The instrumental part is great, really catchy, energetic, your voice fits well to this style and the mix sounds professional, great job! About the lyrics, I didn't understand everything as I'm not Brit but from what I have understood, they're are also really good.

The only problems in my opinion are that your voice is sometimes lost in the mix, it doesn't totally cut through it. I also don't like that effect just before the chorus, I don't know how it's called but it sounds like a plane flying in the sky, I find that it sounds too "electronic". But again, great job!

Edit : I prefer the second mix, it sounds brighter
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:29:36 PM by Humbug »

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 08:46:20 AM »
Another vote for mix 2! Usual great quality form you PaulyX! Your stuff is really great and I never knew this was band stuff so fair play to managing to coordinate this from afar - must take a lot of work and patience! Fingers crossed for live stuff for ya ;)

I have one nit and it's not the synth! I happen to like the synth but for me it was the effect on the vocal, the warbly one? If that's the word - I'd prefer that effect to be cut back a little but as no one else has mentioned it I guess others like it so just my taste :P

As for the good - that's everything else! Vocals, lyrics, guitars, synth, drums etc are your usual high standard! You must have enough material for an album?

Thanks for sharing Pauly take care mate

Darren

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 10:12:41 AM »
Paul,
Listened to 1st mix first

Good energetic intro. Great chorus and disfunction synth lead. Top tune, love the lyrics and vocals.

My main feedback was to up the vocal in the verse, either turn them up or my preference would be to take the guitars out/right down so I can really hear the vocals and lyrics. This would have the added benefit of lifting the chorus even further.

My other thought is more structural whether the song a repeated chorus at the end? You bet. 

Just listened the 2nd mix, sounds better and vocals on verses sound a bit better.

Got a touch of Gene/Suede in the chorus - its that good.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
Hi, good,song, enjoyed playing , singing and arrangement. Good stuff, catchy chorus. Agree with Neil's comment about suede. The chorus was very clear but the verse vocals were lost a little bit.
Good stuff enjoyed it!
Cheers
Jamie