Relocating

• 8 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: June 30, 2017, 11:40:01 PM »
At the age of 50, I am now on the eve of relocating, moving from the North East of England to the North West.  It's only a 3 hour car journey but I am leaving behind the town that I have known all of my life and my two boys to live with my fiancee.  (I'll see the boys every month and they will come to stay during the holiday periods.  I will be starting a new job at the beginning of August.  I'm both excited and saddened - a real mixed bag of emotions.  Hopefully, this will work out for me.  I'm struggling to find time to contribute to the forum at the moment as I have so much to do to make this a reality.  Wow, this is a real adventure, that I never expected to make at this time in my life.  We never really know what fate has in store for us!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:54:17 PM »
Hey, Paul feeling for you man. Embrace it and move it on man. It's a tough gig. Did a simliar move 21 years ago from the Midlands to the South Coast. Never regretted it. Seriously good luck and let us know how you get on. All the best, John Lewis

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 07:37:35 AM »
Embrace the change, Paul! Enjoy the adventure and all the excitement. But I know it's scary. All the best, Derek
West Country Country Boy

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »
John/Derek,

Thank you so much for your well wishes.  I'm busying myself, looking around my house for what a I can take and what I must leave behind.  I'm moving to a lovely house with a huge Garage.  I'm also intending to convert part of the garage into a studio room.  There is much to look forward to but it is a huge step for me, especially as my boys are 14 and 15 years old. They are happy for me and understand my reasons for relocating but their absence makes the move so much more difficult.  I know however that they are safe and thriving with their Mum.

Paul

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 12:16:03 PM »
Good luck Paul, I made a similar decision years ago (although my move was only a few miles) and I haven't regretted it. In a strange way I grew a lot closer to my daughters as a result.

Keith

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »
Best wishes for the move and the future,Paul. It's hard to be separated from family,no matter the distance. My middle lad moved to Oz last year and it broke my heart and he's 27 ffs.  :D

Focus on the positives and it'll alway work out. New studio sound cool,I must make do with the dining room table.  :D

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 02:24:24 PM »
keith, Skub thank you for your well wishes.  I'm working the last 2 days of my notice period then I'm going to be extra busy packing before the move on the 23rd.  I'm ready for the move with a really positive outlook and a strong work ethic.

Hoping to jump in with a few reviews for the summer completion when I finish work. when I'm settled, I I'll be able to share a song that Neil C has agreed to play bass on 'He Brings a dream'.  Hopefully Neil will eventually share our collaboration 'Through The Fall' too.

thanks again

Paul

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »
Good luck with the move and the new job Paul.
Can be stressful I know too well, but maybe it'll get the creative juices flowing  ;D

cheers from the flip side of planet earth.
Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 01:02:41 PM »
Thanks Paul,

The move is in full swing.  Apart from me taking a couple of hours break to look about on the internet and enjoy a cup of tea.

I left work on Saturday, enjoyed a few drinks on Sunday with my best mate. On Monday morning, I set about cancelling direct debits for various bills associated with my old house and redirecting post to my new address.  I had a moment of panic yesterday as my official moving date is 23rd but it dawned on me that I have so much to move and I then decided to drive to my new home with a number of items, including 6 guitars :-).  I'll be back in my home town tomorrow, to continue packing before finally leaving on Sunday.  

I think I'll cast my vote for the summer's competition today. As much as I would like to review more songs first, it will ismply be too difficult to do so.

Paul