A good all round sound and like the others..like the brass,
A successful song methinks.. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 01:34:53 PM »
I'm going with Carribbean on this but I think those guitars are definitely African - maybe we'll settle on fusion...

Under a Jacaranda has got so many more subtlties than "under a tree", even a palm tree. Great song concept and a feast of sounds and rthyms - I think the intersection between the guitars, brass, percussion and vocals is what makes it so interesting - quite Eno-esque I would say (if it wasn't already a thing from around the world...).

Appreciate the craft here too - 41, 31, 21... and the currant bun, very clever stuff.

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 10:13:33 PM »
Yes! Ive never been to the Caribbean, but I feel like i just did!  Lovely soundscape, perfect combination of instruments and another wicked arrangement with fab lyrics.
Right. Im off to get a rum and coke with a cocktail umbrella thrown in. Feeling inspired. Might even put my feet in the sand pit. ;D
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 06:07:10 AM »
Thanks for the wonderful comments you guys....it was worth the time and effort to get such a positive response....I nearly gave up after losing everything because of a corrupted project file...had to start again from scratch...but the research was all done!

Bin, thanks for the nice words on the guitar playing. Coming from you that's a big compliment! Thanks for ALL your support.

WD - yes it's all about the music. I know the best known songs from Graceland but it's from listening to the likes of Pépé Kallé that influenced this.

Kev - if you thought the sound was OK then I'm happy!

Adam - Glad you enjoyed the song concept (not quite all about the music then!) The scenario is from my time in Algarve where the benches opposite the Café Central in our village were shaded by jacaranda trees.....

Definitely African though soukous grew out of Congolese Rumba itself influenced by Cuban music much of which came from Africa in the first place.....so yeah a bit Caribbean too!

Caz - glad it moved you! Hope you didn't drink too much of that rum....

Only really did this for the comp....quite an exercise but I had some fun with it.

Back to the jazzy blues for the next one...or some laid-back funky jazz fusion thing...whichever gets finished first.

EDIT...oops forgot...thanks to anyone who helped propel the song into that lofty joint third spot!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:00:39 AM by Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Oldbutyet

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 11:39:41 PM »
Im dancing in my mind moving with the flow, cool  8) i think the words is cocoa dance, or something like that, anyway, sounds real good.

Has me straying side to side, real cool  8)

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 08:02:31 AM »
Hi cramer :)

This too, has a great tasteful groove, with the bongos coming in, the choir stuff and trumpets.

You know how to write and arrange that kind of music; i don't; i just enjoy the listening.

What I can say i terms of improvement: you could be more careful with the vocals; intonation and rhythm; it could be more on the point.

apart from that; very very entertaining; joyful; playful; full of life and energy and i thank u 4 sharing.

B.

Katie Wilson

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 12:37:12 AM »
Hi I just came across this and I know it's a few months old but I love this - the reggae / ska bounce and happy feel to it - I love it
Katie xxx

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 09:45:22 AM »
Ah, it has returned.  One of my all-time favourite forum songs.  Can I urge everyone's to give this a second outing. It is a great song!

Paul