Cell Phone Junkies....Summer Comp!

• 33 Replies

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2017, 08:16:27 AM »
Hello :)

The guitar riff; the uhhh uhhhh, the trumpet? and it s melody.

usually i d say that the mix of the drums is weird and they re too quiet; but well; you and your style of music are kinda out of orbit, where stuff can t be criticised anymore. Yes, it s a good thing; it s very creative. But you never loose focus; you do have these great samples, like the ascending "uhhh uhhh" s.
...well; pretty impressive again.

B.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
Hi Suzy,

Good to hear some of your other planet music. Planet Claire maybe. Lol.
You definitely nailed the sound you were after.
Reminded me of karaoke singing Rock Lobster with my daughter.

Lots in it - but totally together. Never lets you get too comfy - like a kid on a beach.

Great stuff

Digger
Hey digger, thanks for your kind words :) I like the Planet Claire idea...may be I'll call my first album
that  ;D LOL! It brought a smile to my face picturing you and your daughter singing RL at karaoke,
so thanks for sharing that little insight  ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2017, 11:33:31 AM »
Really impressive, especially if you are new to this and only using GarageBand as your Soundcloud profile states. I read somewhere that the average Amercian Millennial is now on their phone 6 hours a day. Scary.
Thanks micky...means a lot :) 6 hrs aye? that is scary :o :o

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 11:39:37 AM »
Nice guitar riff to start us off (yes I thought B52s) and then whoa what a trip we're taken on. Gobsmacked at the complexity of this and the mix of sounds. And a catchy little chorus as well! How did you cram all this into 3 and a half minutes?

Excellent work on all the vocal parts...bet I haven't even noticed them all yet....the speed-ups are brilliantly done.

Funny, nutty lyrics with the perfect musical backdrop. Very impressive Suzy. I found the mix OK but I'm not the expert you need for help there.

Hope health OK!
WOW! Thanks so much for that humbling review Cramer :-* Sorry to be so late replying, but I've been really sick with pneumonia  :( This was a fun one to work on, but also very demanding, and it's not
often that I keep my songs to under 4mins, so tahks for noticing that ;)
I know the mix still needs some work, and I'll get around to it when my energy comes back  :)