konalavadome

Cell Phone Junkies....Summer Comp!

• 33 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 12:38:23 AM »
Hey Suz.

Loads of stuff going on here,a multi layered aural feast which takes many listens to fully appreciate.

Sort of The Flying Lizards meet St.Vincent.  :D

A sinister nursery rhyme on acid,while tipping the hat to Mungo Jerry. It's light,it's dark,it's twisted so far it's straight again.

It's a busy,busy song and you sure packed it all in.

I'm out of descriptions!  8)

LOL! Thanks for that delightful description of this song Skub ;D I love, "it's light, it's dark, it's twisted so far, it's straight again" ;D That's great ;D
I hope it's not too busy...sometimes I get a little carried away ::)

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »
Hi Suzy,

Good to hear some of your other planet music. Planet Claire maybe. Lol.
You definitely nailed the sound you were after.
Reminded me of karaoke singing Rock Lobster with my daughter.

Lots in it - but totally together. Never lets you get too comfy - like a kid on a beach.

Great stuff

Digger

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 08:23:21 PM »
Really impressive, especially if you are new to this and only using GarageBand as your Soundcloud profile states. I read somewhere that the average Amercian Millennial is now on their phone 6 hours a day. Scary.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 02:24:38 PM »
Nice guitar riff to start us off (yes I thought B52s) and then whoa what a trip we're taken on. Gobsmacked at the complexity of this and the mix of sounds. And a catchy little chorus as well! How did you cram all this into 3 and a half minutes?

Excellent work on all the vocal parts...bet I haven't even noticed them all yet....the speed-ups are brilliantly done.

Funny, nutty lyrics with the perfect musical backdrop. Very impressive Suzy. I found the mix OK but I'm not the expert you need for help there.

Hope health OK!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 07:11:02 PM »
Great stuff crystal suzy!

This song has so much going on - so creative and clever and the changes in pace! Constantly surprised listening to this. Clever humorous lyrics too!

Thanks very sharing :)

Darren

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 07:49:05 PM »
Yep, just about as quirky as I was expecting from you.

It was a little bit chaotic for my liking but it was chaotic in a way that works and I'm sure would be to many peoples tastes.

The vocal was quiet effect heavy as you said but it was clear enough to me.

Very creative and quite catchy in places with more than a hint of Mungo Jerry going on.

Good to hear from you again.

Yodasdad

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 07:49:03 AM »

Ahh CS  ;D ;D

Another amazing journey through your very own wonderland ;D
 Love how you arrange your songs.  Great use of familiar sounds
 and music.  Always interesting, you certainly have a unique and
 engaging way of delivering your messages ;D

Loved it.....of course ;D ;D xx

Good luck.....

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
Great song!
A nice mixture of creativity and nonsense. Just as a summer song should be!

Martin
LOL! thanks Martin  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 11:30:20 AM »
Hi CS, B52's meets Zappa, meets Flo and Eddie. Inventive, interesting and bonkers!
Don't know what else to say ???
Cheers
Jamie
Once again I have to say LOL! I love the "B52's meets Zappa, meets Flo and Eddie" Thanks Jamie :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
Well there is certainly a lot of that about. I was reading today that a study has identified that people are walking differently due to looking at their phones all the time and in China they are installing special phone Walker lanes with signs on the floor such as "main road ahead" WTF!  Anyway,  this is a wonderfully clever piece as we have come to expect from you. Yes a few mix issues to be resolved but I loved it  :)

I know aye :) the average time spend on a cell phone a day, is 6 hours  :o That's insane :o
I can see why they're putting signs on the sidewalks ::) Thanks for your kind comment John :)
I know I still need to work on the mix  ::)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 11:40:23 AM »
Wow! This is cute and so current! It's absolutely perfect. I can just see a beach full of people, all looking at their cell phones and paying no attention to anyone or anything around them.

I love the changes in sound and feel from time to time. It seems to support a disconnect with reality one might experience as a cell phone junkie.

One spot feels slightly weak to me and might benefit from more though--the line "Taking lots of pictures, and recordings too". I wonder if the last part "and recordings too" could be improved somehow?

Other than that, though, this is one I find thoroughly enjoyable and perfect for the times.

Vicki
Thanks so much Vickie...I'm really glad you liked it :) I took your advice about "and recordings too" :P
I changed it to "and selfies too" :-\ Don't know if it's much better, but it certainly needed to be
 in there somewhere  ;D ;D ;D

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »
Wow, I have no idea where you get all those ideas from but they all seem to feel at home. It's like a house party (who invited the tempo changes?!). So creative and fun.

And a good song too - there are some great lines like the udder (won't forget that one) and "we don't offend" (very clever). Cool (kewell?!)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 12:00:36 PM »
Ha Ha  :D

what can i say?

it sounds all dipsy and scatterbrained but it absolutely isn't...it's a riotous chunk of fun with a great message behind it all...

just made me realise how much fun you bring to the forum and how i miss your songs when you are away

You're an original.
thanks so much Paul for your kind comments :) that last comment made me cry :'( in a good way, so
thanks again  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »
Hey CS

Well I loved this song's guts  ;D
Love the many changes in groove/tempo.
So much work to pull off - but you make it seems easy.
This will be in the next Apple ad, and if it isn't it should have been!
Great entry - thummer thellfone craythyneth  !!
You do Canada proud  ;D ;D - good luck in the beach race.

Paul
thanks my fellow Canadian ;) I wish this could be the next Apple Ad :o congrats on your win in the beach race  :) :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »
Talk about cute!! cool song.......a real fun song to listen to.
Good luck in the summer fun comp.
I'll be looking for ya!
                                      -T
Thanks Tom :) It was a fun song to throw together, so I'm glad you found it so  :)