Let's write a party hit! Group collaboration project?

• 147 Replies

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2017, 08:27:45 PM »
I'm not a drinker, either. Alcohol gives me migraines, so it's a very rare treat on very special occasions only. I know nothing about the current bar scene. I may run this by someone who does, say a younger person that frequents the local watering holes.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2017, 10:44:42 PM »
Hey Folks,Bin informs me I am a volunteer army style,for the project.  :D

As I explained to the man himself,I'd be honoured to contribute in any way,but I am constrained by having no chance to record anything vocal wise for the next couple of weeks,since it's holiday time here and I'll get no peace or quiet to do anything with a mic. Nothing non violent,anyway.  :D

Maybe best if you all rattle on in the meantime,keep the momentum and I'll chip in when the domestic dust settles,if there is a need,by then. I've downloaded Bin's track,I'll burn a copy for the car and see if something inspires in the meantime.

Has a melody line for the lyrics been established as yet?

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2017, 11:41:49 PM »
Hey Skub, just happy you're coming along for the ride at all. Thanks for volunteering, even if strong-armed into it. We've still got plenty to keep us going for now. I'm hearing a potential melody but haven't yet put it to the test. Not sure if others have got something in mind. Enjoy your holiday! It's best enjoyed without blood, sweat and tears.  :D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2017, 01:48:31 AM »
Hey there - Paulski here.
It appears that I've been voluntold, I mean recruited by the binster as a possible crooner for this endeavour  ;D ;D Why is it that every time I end a word in "our" spell check doesn't like it. But the queen does! But I digress. I'll download bin's lovely track and play it on my drudgery commute. Maybe something will percolate - maybe not. And maybe what does will be rubbish  ;D ;D And feel free to un-volunteer me if a better singer comes along. Oops I notice skub already has  ;D
Happy to tickle some ivories if needed too if you're really begging for punishment.
cheers all
Paul

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2017, 02:05:00 AM »
Haha. Bin never told me he was going to bulldog you two into the project! Whatever input you might have is great. If you come up with anything usable, super. If not, any effort is sincerely appreciated. My apologies if your arm aches for a bit from the recruiting process.    :D                                   

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »

HA  ;D ;D

The band's arrived then ;D
 So, a couple of weeks rehearsal.  A soundcheck, then.....BOOM ;D ;D

Sorry I had to send the boys round guys, I did tell them not to touch
 your hands, or anything attached to your vocal chords.  Hope they were
 diplomatic..........it seems to have worked  ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2017, 09:39:27 AM »
Happy to tickle some ivories if needed too if you're really begging for punishment.
cheers all
Paul

Sometimes it just "hurts so good."  ;o)
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2017, 05:30:17 PM »
Hardtwistmusic - why I did this I don't know. All I know is I did. But anyway...I decided to put some of your lyrics to some chords and this is the result https://www.audiomack.com/song/darren1664/tequila :P

Not a great recording or track so I hope I haven't offended you or your lyrics but was fun writing music to words for a change (normally write the other way about). Anyway was just a music fart and thought I'd share :P (Nice lyrics though :))

Edit: Sorry Jenna I completely hijacked your thread. Just posting now quickly to say that I like the idea of this and have been thinking on it and will check in tomorrow with a proper reply (Sorry just got completely sidetracked :P)

I loved what you did with this.  I thought your vocal was perfect for the song.  If you want to run with this and fine tune it, feel free.  As long as you credit me for my work on the lyrics, you're free to do anything you want with this.  And if (when you are done) you want to send me the chords, I could add some other instrumentation (if you want.) 

If you want to run with this, consider it your song with no limitations except the need to credit me for the lyrics.

Hi mate...I am glad you liked it. I was just playing noodling around with it as I really liked your words. There's a great rhythm to them. I will see how I get on with this and I will definitely credit you for the lyrics. I'm not the best or quickest with producing a song from this point will give it my best go and I'd love further input from you in terms of instruments! Anyway - I have hijacked a thread so will move this to a new thread when I have an update ;)

Will keep you posted

Darren

And sorry Jenna...still mean to contribute to your thread but life got carried away!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2017, 10:53:38 AM »

;D

Anyone know a banjo player....

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 02:10:26 AM »

;D

Canadian, Finn, what's the difference?  :D Fun interpretation. I don't know a banjo player, unfortunately, and the banjo in my DAW doesn't sound anything like the real thing.

Oldbutyet

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 11:42:40 PM »

;D

Hey Bin Man I like it, banjo playing moonshine mule cocktail style there 8)

moonshine mule cocktail style

Okay while all you great musicians are thinking about it.

Lyric level we need vocal or vocals.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 10:29:53 PM »
What happened to our vocalist? Do we need to write melody? Would that make it easier/faster/more likely to get recorded? I know Skub said a couple of weeks, so I've been taking a backseat for the downtime. Now I see he's requesting a melody? Am I reading that correctly? What have we? I've got a week left before a three-week commitment snuffs out my creative energies. Skub my man, what do you need to get this done? Just say the word and we'll do what we can to deliver the goods.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:36:43 PM by Jenna »

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 11:03:07 PM »
Yeah skub - what's yer prob Bob?  ;D ;D

And where's that Paulski guy??

OK OK I goofed off last week with family visiting etc. My bad.

OK - so let me get this straight - the lyric is written and we're supposed to sing it to bin's track? Or are there other options or ????

I'm a dumb Canuck so things need to be spelt out or I don't get it  ;D ;D and I don't want to step on anyone's toes with my big snowshoes on  ;D

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 11:07:27 PM »
I just a dumb American, so I'm afraid we're in the same boat, neighbor. When are you going to bring your pet moose down here for a field trip?

Here's where I'm hung up on pecking out a melody - I can't figure out the key to Bin's sample track let alone a chord progression, so I could use some help there. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out the key to a song but this one has me stumped. Now watch it be something easy as pie and make me look like a complete buffoon.  :D That's assuming I don't already!

Vacays are allowed, Mr. Paulski. There is this thing called real life. ;)

And yes, the plan is to start with Bin's track and evolve everything from there. We've got the rough lyrics, the rough musical ambiance, and now we need a rough melody. After that . . . you know how these things go. We just tweak it out until we're satisfied, then find a master for the production.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:11:11 PM by Jenna »

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
OK red face time.  :-[

I put a few hours work in today and stuck up a link on soundcloud to see what folk thought.

The only problem was....

I somehow lifted the wrong lyrics and put solid work into melding Bin's track with Pauls Drinking song lyrics...what a dumbass  :D

Sorry for the mess up folks.  ::)

Sadly these days my vocalising opportunities are few,so it may be next week before I've another chance.