Let's write a party hit! Group collaboration project?

• 147 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2017, 12:40:03 PM »
what fecking day is it anyway   ???
Sounds like a good holiday Pat!
Cheers to Boydie for offering to go to bat  ;D and to skub who has pushed this forward at break-neck speed  ;D
I'm hoping to redo my vocal parts by the end of week - I'm not on holiday (sadly!!  ;D)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2017, 12:58:20 PM »
Cheers to Boydie for offering to go to bat  ;D and to skub who has pushed this forward at break-neck speed  ;D
I'm hoping to redo my vocal parts by the end of week - I'm not on holiday (sadly!!  ;D)

Yeah,hurry up already Paul.  :P

:D

Oldbutyet

« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2017, 01:53:02 PM »

Yeah,hurry up already Paul.  :P

Sorry its me again   :)   but are we having one of thoses group hug moments   :'( 

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2017, 02:04:05 PM »
what fecking day is it anyway   ???
Cheers to Boydie for offering to go to bat  ;D and to skub who has pushed this forward at break-neck speed  ;D
I'm hoping to redo my vocal parts by the end of week - I'm not on holiday (sadly!!  ;D)
Yeah,hurry up already Paul.  :P

Sorry its me again   :)   but are we having one of thoses group hug moments   :'(  
Yeah - go on then  ::)

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2017, 04:18:10 AM »
Just listened to the final version. I like it. I do think there could be edits made to give it more punch to drive home the joy, but I also think it sounds great as it is except maybe the outro. It seems a little out-of-place at the stage. We have come really far from the original idea and that's okay. The original lyrics were just ideas and they didn't work out all that well for writing music to match.

This was a good experience. I've never collaborated openly like this or with so many people. Giving up so much of the lyrical expression was a surprise, but I didn't know then what I know now about writing lyrics to set to music. I'll chalk it up to education and maybe work on another version with the other bits and pieces that fell by the wayside.

Thanks, Boydie, for stepping up for the final mix. I look forward to hearing the results.

Oldbutyet

« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2017, 11:27:43 PM »
Just listened to the final version. I like it. I do think there could be edits made to give it more punch to drive home the joy, but I also think it sounds great as it is except maybe the outro. It seems a little out-of-place at the stage. We have come really far from the original idea and that's okay. The original lyrics were just ideas and they didn't work out all that well for writing music to match.

This was a good experience. I've never collaborated openly like this or with so many people. Giving up so much of the lyrical expression was a surprise, but I didn't know then what I know now about writing lyrics to set to music. I'll chalk it up to education and maybe work on another version with the other bits and pieces that fell by the wayside.

Thanks, Boydie, for stepping up for the final mix. I look forward to hearing the results.

Yes totally agree Jenna the outro doesn't fit the flow of the song, it shouldn't be there.

One of the great things about this group collaboration is we stay with it regardless of whatever and we stay with it on this public side of the forum (i think that's a first) we're on the home straight here and hopefully after this there's be more group collaborations to come on this side of the public forum and this one Jenna, was all started with your first post   8)

And now for something completely different, i try out the wetsuit guys, the zip is on the other side couldn't pull the damn thing up i nearly fecking drown, never drank so much in all my life, im still spitting out salt, anyway   ;D 

Looking forward to the end of a really fun journey guys, the song that is   ;D   ;D   8)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2017, 04:16:40 PM »
Greeting gentlefolk and Bin.   :P

Paul added some revised vocals and we split singing duties between the pair of us.

I know Jenna and Pat are cool on the outro idea,but I really wanted to get Pat in there,so the jury is still out on that one.  :-\

Bin,have you any slide or anything else to finish us off?

Have a listen to the update,everyone and post thoughts.  :)

https://soundcloud.com/skub1955/spin-the-bottle-v1/s-Hx7BA

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »
Love the intro. The ice tinkling in the glass is a nice touch. Somebody here is great with those fun little extras! There's a Garth Brooks pitch opp open at the moment until August 15. If we can finish it up before then I can submit it and see what happens. I believe that there are several other artists who might be a good fit for this one. I don't hear it as commercially viable at this stage, but it doesn't hurt to try. You never know what can happen. Maybe we'll have a stroke of luck and get a cut. Other artists available for pitches include:

Jason Aldean
Alan Jackson
Hank Williams, Jr.
Lynrd Skynrd
Tyler Rich
Morgan Wallen

I know this is up-tempo, but is it positive or negative? It's sort of a negative spun into a positive, so how does that qualify in the end? Many are asking for positive lyrics only.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »
Sounds pretty good for a rough mix.  ;D
I would suggest "less is more" on the backing track in the final mix.
Right now there's a lot of competing tracks.
I think there is a prosody issue where I sing "party's over-heating" and skub sings "we'll patch it up...until then". I'll see if I can reword the lyrics in those spots.

It's sure catchy - I'm trying to learn another song and this one keeps interrupting ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
Sounds pretty good for a rough mix.  ;D
I would suggest "less is more" on the backing track in the final mix.
Right now there's a lot of competing tracks.
I think there is a prosody issue where I sing "party's over-heating" and skub sings "we'll patch it up...until then". I'll see if I can reword the lyrics in those spots.

It's sure catchy - I'm trying to learn another song and this one keeps interrupting ;D

I agree Paul,the song is way overloaded and Bin wants some slide in there too... :o   :D I'm leaving it to Boydie to wield the editing axe and take the blame credit.  :D

Could be prosody,or could be creative phrasing on the vocals!  ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2017, 09:49:07 PM »
I had a listen to the vocal bits you mentioned Paul,mine sounds fine,but yours is weird.  :P  :D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2017, 12:07:23 AM »
I had a listen to the vocal bits you mentioned Paul,mine sounds fine,but yours is weird.  :P  :D
  ;D ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2017, 01:13:42 PM »
Paul may want to fix a bit of his vocal he's not 100% happy with,joking aside it works for me,but may as well do it now rather than leave it too late.

Which brings us to what may possibly be the final rough mix before we let Boydie at it.  :)

Folk didn't think the ending suited the song,but it was all part of the journey. Sorry Pat.  :(

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2017, 12:47:16 PM »
Paul is happy with his vox,so I'll be wrapping this up and handing it over to Boydie.

It's been real y'all.  8)

Last pre-mix and master version.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2017, 07:25:54 PM »
Hey hey,

Wasn't convinced on the earlier versions if I'm being honest, but it's sounding real good now.

Overall volume  is low, even when max feel like I'm missing out on hearing it properly - something Boydie will sort out I'm sure.

Shows what a good bit of work and collaboration can produce, looking forward to hearing the mastered one!

Well done to all involved, awesome to aee a multi-collab like this on the forum, hope it worked well enough logistically to encourage more.

I haven't read this read in full so it might all be here, but would be cool to get some feedback on the process of working remotely in a group; like what was most difficult, any tools which you'd recommend, ect.

All the best,
Scott