Let's write a party hit! Group collaboration project?

• 147 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:55 PM »

Sounding good guys  ;D ;D

Loving the Intro, not sure about the Outro.  Also, think it's a tad too
 long.  BUT it's a band ;D So whatever you guys want is fine by me.
 (notice the way I sidestepped that one) ;D ;D

Anyway, nice to see us 'herd of cats' getting some direction, from
 Skub .....lion of the mountain ;D  I'm trying to get a mixer/producer
 interested.  So if anyone has any ideas, let me know and I'll send the
 boys round ;D

Outro now shortened Bin.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2017, 04:14:18 PM »
A few questions.  :)

The last revision of the lyrics by Paul,is everyone happy with that?

Paul,are you putting down any piano,either in the shape of a solo,or in the song in general?

Bin,are you putting down slide,or any other guitar?

What are folk's preference for the ending,the shortened version now up,or the longer version?

As Paul says,the track needs a haircut,so choices need to be made before I weird the axe. Not everything can be used,lest we be past the 5 minute mark.

Paul would like the chorus in early,everyone down with that?

Talk amongst yourselves quietly please,no shouting or arguing.  :P

It'll probably be Wednesday before I can get any vocals changed

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2017, 05:13:50 PM »
I'd rather we settle on a final arrangement before I make a piano track but happy to add one.
As far as the haircut I think the doo-wee doobee part could maybe go - sorry - I like it but it just doesn't seem like a "rebel yell" to me  ;D ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2017, 05:26:00 PM »
I'd rather we settle on a final arrangement before I make a piano track but happy to add one.
As far as the haircut I think the doo-wee doobee part could maybe go - sorry - I like it but it just doesn't seem like a "rebel yell" to me  ;D ;D

You don't want a space left specifically for a piano solo then,you prefer fills here and there?

Yeah,the doobees I only stuck in there whilst trying to give it some shape and marking where a verse/solo/chorus might be. Do you want them out of the whole song Paul? I agree with you and Pat,they are a bit sugary for this track. Currently,they are behind part of the chorus too.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2017, 05:40:57 PM »

You don't want a space left specifically for a piano solo then,you prefer fills here and there?

Yeah,the doobees I only stuck in there whilst trying to give it some shape and marking where a verse/solo/chorus might be. Do you want them out of the whole song Paul? I agree with you and Pat,they are a bit sugary for this track. Currently,they are behind part of the chorus too.

Hmmm piano solos are fun, but pretty scarce in country these days - maybe just frills etc. I don't have an opinion on the ddooo bees behind the chorus - maybe someone else does...

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2017, 11:57:26 PM »
Latest trimmed version up. 3.35

Slow intro

Intro repeated on speed up

V1

Chorus x 2 (room to chop this back to one if required/desired)

Guitar solo

V2

Pre chorus (not sure how this fits Paul's amended lyrics,so he can sing this bit too  :D)

Chorus to end.

What think ye all?

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2017, 12:06:03 AM »
Intro x 2

I've gone back to my old habits
Since you put my heart on ice
I'm filling up the hole you left
With some good old friends of mine...

{vs 1}
Well I got this half-baked feeling
And my brain is getting fried
The party's overheating
At the "Fool's Paradise"

Chorus x2?
I'll be dancing through the night
With every spirit I can find
At the Fool's Paradise

Guitar solo

V2
I know this party's gonna end
I'll get abandoned by my friends
We can patch it up, but until then
That old hole needs fillin' again..

Pre chorus
Johnny Walker - takes a seat
"Party On!" He says to me
From Jimmy Beam - comes a Rebel Yell
So loud it echoes round Heaven Hill
Jackie Daniels takes the stage
He grabs a mic and starts to sing

Chorus
So I'll be dancing through the night
With every spirit I can find
At the Fool's Paradise
At the Fool's Paradise

Pat..end

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2017, 08:49:55 PM »
Paul Pie Annie added.  :)

Tasty pie fo sho.  8)

https://soundcloud.com/skub1955/spin-the-bottle-v1/s-Hx7BA

Oldbutyet

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2017, 11:29:24 PM »
Paul Pie Annie added.  :)

Tasty pie fo sho.  8)

Okay guys not to sure about the intro im just going with the flow here, but after Paul piece we need Jenna to come in with something like "hey boys"  then the music goes low high heels sound walking across a dance floor and then she hit us with her chorus, maybe.

I don't need you any more
To have a good time
I'm still dancing every night
With every man I can find.

Just thoughts but i think we need a kick ass moment in the song  8)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »
I had a bit of unexpected free time today,so new lyrics recorded on verses and pre chorus.

Paul,if ya wanna do your parts sometime,stick it in dropbox and let me know.  Feel free to add harmonies too or whatever comes to mind. :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2017, 05:12:53 PM »
Okay guys not to sure about the intro im just going with the flow here, but after Paul piece we need Jenna to come in with something like "hey boys"  then the music goes low high heels sound walking across a dance floor and then she hit us with her chorus, maybe.

To have a good time

Just thoughts but i think we need a kick ass moment in the song  8)

The song length currently sits at a trimmed 3.35,Pat. If we wish to add any new parts,then existing sections will need to be culled to make room. There are always going to be ideas.

This is part of the difficulty with songs,the process could in theory run forever and yield many slightly different versions of the same song,but sooner,rather than later an agreed on decision will need to be made.

See what folk think.  :)

Edit....just to mention also there are over 30 tracks in the song so far,so it'll be a mammoth mixing job when it comes to the final cut.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:33:48 PM by Skub »

Oldbutyet

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2017, 01:27:16 AM »
Okay guys not to sure about the intro im just going with the flow here, but after Paul piece we need Jenna to come in with something like "hey boys"  then the music goes low high heels sound walking across a dance floor and then she hit us with her chorus, maybe.

To have a good time

Just thoughts but i think we need a kick ass moment in the song  8)

The song length currently sits at a trimmed 3.35,Pat. If we wish to add any new parts,then existing sections will need to be culled to make room. There are always going to be ideas.

This is part of the difficulty with songs,the process could in theory run forever and yield many slightly different versions of the same song,but sooner,rather than later an agreed on decision will need to be made.

See what folk think.  :)

Edit....just to mention also there are over 30 tracks in the song so far,so it'll be a mammoth mixing job when it comes to the final cut.

Hey Davy

Sorry i didn't get back to you earlier im on holidays at the moment, no work in the morning so just having a relaxing night, chilling out with a few beers and yes a glass of my favoured, no cocktails eh., anyway, as one songwriter to another we are not going to fall out over lyrics or whatever im just going to go with the flow again, take it or leave it that's just the way i am, okay first.

"The song length currently sits at a trimmed 3.35,Pat. If we wish to add any new parts,then existing sections will need to be culled to make room. There are always going to be ideas"

I'm not talking about adding im talking about including, okay second part.

"This is part of the difficulty with songs,the process could in theory run forever and yield many slightly different versions of the same song,but sooner,rather than later an agreed on decision will need to be made"

I been writing lyrics and co writing songs for a long time i could tell you more but this is a public forum, now to your last bit.

"Edit....just to mention also there are over 30 tracks in the song so far,so it'll be a mammoth mixing job when it comes to the final cut"

Believe me i well believe that. and most of those 30 tracks was because of rewriting lyrics in other words rewriting a song, you three guys has got a track of flow now just edit the first post of lyrics and if you all want to edit time, just leave me out, im on holidays.

But one thing i will say (going with the flow again) is that no one can rewrite great imagery of lyrics that was first posted on this thread, as i said just my thoughts on this but hey y'all, does this mean i don't get my own limousine  ;D   ;D

Just my thoughts Davy hope you understand Mate, as i said just chilling it out on holidays on a one of late night  8)

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2017, 07:34:24 AM »
I know I am late to the party - but this is sounding great guys!!!

To help spread the load I would be very happy to do the final mix and master of the track as my contribution to this wonderful collab

I am on my holiday at the moment but if SKUB is happy to continue collating the tracks and get them organised I would be happy to do the final mixing and mastering when everyone is happy with the final version
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2017, 09:15:26 AM »
Yo Pat,all points taken.  :)  With any collab there must be compromise and I understand for some this has perhaps gone too far from the original intent. The good news is that something unexpected was created,but also there is still the freedom to pursue that original vision and make another version.
We've all got on well with each other,despite the crafting of a song being an area where even mild mannered folk can become excitable! The whole thread and project serves to remind us what a great bunch of people we have here on this forum. I'm happy and proud to be a part.

Mucho grassy ass to Boydie for stepping forward on the final mix,or did the whole forum step back and set him up?  :D

Oldbutyet

« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2017, 12:15:05 PM »
Damn, did someone say final mixs  ???  im on holidays and i still got a wetsuit to try out, what fecking day is it anyway   ???