Lucky (New Song)

• 10 Replies

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:41:36 AM »
Hey guys!

New track i'm working on called "Lucky". Feedback appreciated as always :)

Thanks so much!
Micky

https://soundcloud.com/micky-shiloah/lucky-6-24-3/s-mVdZP

Lyrics:
It's 2AM
And here I am again
All alone sitting here thinkin' bout
every single touch and all the ways you used to love me

You were my drug
You were the only one
I quit my life I needed you all day and night
And I didn't think I'd ever survive without you

And now i'm like Oooh wondering why
Oooh wondering why
You decided I wasn't worthwhile after all this time

But I like to close my eyes and remember when

Chorus:
You were the air inside my lungs
I couldn't breathe without your touch
You were the blood inside my veins
You made me laugh and drove me insane
And I was like
How did I ever get you?
How'd I ever get so lucky?
How did I ever get you?

It was 2AM
We were drinking again
Sitting round
Music on
Talking about
Every single dream and all the ways we'd try to catch them

And now I'm like Oooh wondering why
Oooh wondering why
You decided it was way too much for you to try to love me

Chorus:
But you were the air inside my lungs
I couldn't breathe without your touch
You were the blood inside my veins
You made me laugh and drove me insane
And I was like
How did I ever get you?
How did I ever get you?

And I like to close my eyes and remember

How did I every get you?
How did I ever get you?

And now I'm like Oooh wondering why
Oooh wondering why
You decided it wasn't worthwhile for you to try to love me

Repeat chorus

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:20:45 AM »
Hi Micky,
Another strong modern sounding track from you - I think this is my favourite of the three you've posted so far... it's simpler and a bit subtler and I think the lyrics are your best constructed of the ones I've read.   I like the way it's called 'Lucky' but is actually a sad song. I really like the bridge towards the end when the music drops away and you bring in the falsetto.
I liked the simplicity throughout the bulk of it, but did think you could make that last chorus more of a crescendo, maybe bring in some more layers right at the end to make that part really big.
I'm not the target demographic for this but I wish more contemporary songs had this quality of melody to them.
Keep at it buddy, again this deserves to do well.
It's all too beautiful.

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:10:23 PM »
Hi Micky,
Another strong modern sounding track from you - I think this is my favourite of the three you've posted so far... it's simpler and a bit subtler and I think the lyrics are your best constructed of the ones I've read.   I like the way it's called 'Lucky' but is actually a sad song. I really like the bridge towards the end when the music drops away and you bring in the falsetto.
I liked the simplicity throughout the bulk of it, but did think you could make that last chorus more of a crescendo, maybe bring in some more layers right at the end to make that part really big.
I'm not the target demographic for this but I wish more contemporary songs had this quality of melody to them.
Keep at it buddy, again this deserves to do well.

Wow, thank you so much. I'm happy you like it. I think it's my favorite of the bunch as well. Helps to write from a real place as well :)

Thanks for the feedback on the final chorus. I also was thinking I need to spice up that section a bit.

Thanks again!!
Micky

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
I second PaulyX's comments. Very spot on...

Your production on all of your tracks is brilliant and you have a lovely voice. I really appreciate the thought you put into your lyrics and for such a catchy poppy song the words are so meaningful. I think you do have a real knack for writing these kind of songs and think a lot of people would like your music.

Good stuff again from you. Well done mate

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 06:58:13 PM »
Yo Micky.

A very current sound and topic. I know those of a certain age are driven to songs about regularly soaking their poozle,but at my advanced age I tire of the topic and look for the offbeat! If you are targeting boy band territory then this sounds on the money to me.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 01:16:10 AM »
Hi Mickey

Lovely song - good vocals and harmonies.
I liked the percussion - just enough - not too much :)
Not much to suggest - maybe end it at around 3:00 - seems to be ending there..
.. and it takes a while to get to the hook (Isn't there a famous pop song from a few years back called "Lucky" ? Not sure that matters.... )

Anyway I enjoyed the listen - good stuff
Paul

JHoos

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »
Hi,

Really like the fact that it goes straight into the vocals.  Quite like your voice, possibly needs to be a little higher/more prominent in the mix.  I would have probably added the drums in a little earlier, by the time it gets to 1min long, it feels like it has not really started yet.

Quite like the layered and backing vocals you've added - sound quite good.   

Having listened again, it feels like the song is too long at 4 mins 20.  Maybe need to loose a good minute or so to keep it more engaging, particularly with getting to the first chorus.  I think re-arranging from that perspective would make quite a big difference.

However, good work, and lovely vocals.

Cheers

John

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 08:53:32 PM »
I second PaulyX's comments. Very spot on...

Your production on all of your tracks is brilliant and you have a lovely voice. I really appreciate the thought you put into your lyrics and for such a catchy poppy song the words are so meaningful. I think you do have a real knack for writing these kind of songs and think a lot of people would like your music.

Good stuff again from you. Well done mate

Thank you so much!!!! So glad you enjoyed it!
Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »
Yo Micky.

A very current sound and topic. I know those of a certain age are driven to songs about regularly soaking their poozle,but at my advanced age I tire of the topic and look for the offbeat! If you are targeting boy band territory then this sounds on the money to me.

Thank you!!

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 08:55:26 PM »
Hi Mickey

Lovely song - good vocals and harmonies.
I liked the percussion - just enough - not too much :)
Not much to suggest - maybe end it at around 3:00 - seems to be ending there..
.. and it takes a while to get to the hook (Isn't there a famous pop song from a few years back called "Lucky" ? Not sure that matters.... )

Anyway I enjoyed the listen - good stuff
Paul

Thank you Paul!

I do feel it's a tad long as well so I might go in and shorten some stuff. Yea I remembered Britney has a song called Lucky. I almost called this one How Did I Ever Get You? But I think Lucky is better.

Thanks again!
Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 08:56:20 PM »
Hi,

Really like the fact that it goes straight into the vocals.  Quite like your voice, possibly needs to be a little higher/more prominent in the mix.  I would have probably added the drums in a little earlier, by the time it gets to 1min long, it feels like it has not really started yet.

Quite like the layered and backing vocals you've added - sound quite good.   

Having listened again, it feels like the song is too long at 4 mins 20.  Maybe need to loose a good minute or so to keep it more engaging, particularly with getting to the first chorus.  I think re-arranging from that perspective would make quite a big difference.

However, good work, and lovely vocals.

Cheers

John

Thank you for your input John! Yea I do feel it might be a bit long so I have to go in a shorten bits and pieces and see where I can do that.

Thank you for the feedback!
Micky