An Eye For An Eye

• 29 Replies

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 09:56:01 AM »
Hey man !

Really like the harmonies, and it seems to me you gained confidence in your singing.  :D

+1 for the ending
+1 for the fade out
+1 for the singing
+1 for the message repetition (strongest rethoric)

You really surprised me with this one.

Nono.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 11:15:02 AM »
Jamie

Jack Bruce eh? Makes a change from the big O anyway.  :D Ta Jamie.

PaulAds

Thanks for listening Paul,I feel I went a bit different on this effort.  :)

digger72

I appreciate your thoughts digger,ta for listening.  :)

retrononomusic

I hope it was a pleasant surprise nono.  :D Cheers for the encouragement on the vocals.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »
Can't get over that mixture of Cream and Big O in your vocal....Cream might be more in the bvs....I like it though even if you're not too confident with it.

Interesting one this. It's got a lot of appeal and I especially like the bit at the end...the 'what're you gonna learn' bit.

I wonder if there's a bit too much effect on the lead vocal...is it some sort of phaser or something...I struggled a bit with the vocal entry to the song...I guess you get used to it after a bit...it blurred things a bit for me at first.

All in all I really liked this Davy...if this is pushing the creative boundaries...go for it!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 09:50:48 PM »
Hi Skub, nice track,on first listen I thought the vocal had a Roy Orbison sound to it. Nice harmonies and guitar solo, the only thing was towards the end it sounded like something was clipping, but a good track nevertheless

Mikey

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 09:06:41 PM »
What can I say...?? This is wonderful.  ;D I'd love to have a copy I could listen to regularly. I'll have to see if I can figure out a way to bookmark it on my phone.

<<sigh>>

I love it.

Vicki

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »
VC

I'm always guilty of vocal effect man!  :D Regarding the start,I wanted to get right in there with no intro,but I realise that can be...er...off putting,but what the hell,there are plenty of intros out there.  :) Ta for the listen VC.

Mikey

I think probably that was my voice breaking up.  :D

CaliaMoko

Ta Vicki,enjoy.  :)

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
Skub,

This was refreshing. Not a style I can claim to be familiar with but it didn't seem to be a rehash of any Schitt to me.

Lots of melodic variation and combined with the great harmonies it was very engaging. Nice guitar work as usual too.

There was a lot too this so I'm going to have to go back and listen again later to really take it in I think.

I can hear this on a film soundtrack, not sure what sort of film, maybe a Tarantino, but it's got that feel to me.

Nice work

Yodasdad

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »

Hey!

What can i say, like it all, the tempo, the vocal, the delivery the guitar, everything. Great write great performance, just a great song my friend. Wish i'd have come up with it.

Vintage54

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 09:28:27 AM »
Are you Roy Orbison's son? and what was all that bollocks about you not knowing how to use a DAW?
you've been avinusoninntya!!!!
super song with some fab bits throughout...nice close harmonies..great stuff!!

best, Kevin :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Oldbutyet

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 03:03:51 PM »
Hey Davy

Great understanding flow you have with this song, i think the Native American Indian Drum coming in on the background at certain parts especially at the end would be the icing on the cake as they says.

But Cool as is   8)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »
Skub,
Kind of took me by surprise and a while to work my way into it, but liked the the Roy O tendencies.
Song chorus with the BV's, catchy.
Great ending too.
 :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 11:58:55 AM »
Yodasdad

It haz a style?  :o  :D Thanks for listening,man.

Vintage54

I appreciate the comments,glad you enjoyed it.  :)

shadowfax

They all told me my Da had a bicycle.  ;)
I put the hours in,just so I could use the basics in Dawland. It's a rabbit hole fo sho.
It's cool you liked the choon Kev,thankya.  8)

Oldbutyet

Yeah,you are probably right Pat. One of the reasons I like to get Boydie to master a track is,it means I won't go back and fiddle. There is a time to move on,deciding when that should be is one of the many perils of home recording! Thanks for listening.  :)

Neil C

A few folk have mentioned the...er..abrupt start. :D What can I say,ya gotta try stuff!
Ta for listening.  :)

JoeAntaine

• Busker
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 04:11:32 PM »
If Roy Orbison lived long enough to have a 00's comeback with Rick Rubin this is what it would sound like.
I like it. Vocal could be more precise and a little more work needed on the mix.
Its bloody good fella.

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 09:48:50 PM »
Not quite my cup of tea but some excellent song writing technique going on here with a story to keep you interested - nice flow to rhythm and flow of the song.
Had a sense of Roy Orbison in the vocals at times which can never be a bad thing :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »
Hi Davy

I love the way this comes straight in and grabs you immediately. Your vocal on this is extraordinary - Roy Orbison with a real edge to it. The guitar work is brilliant and the song is a stand out. Retro sounding but original and frankly outstanding. Loved it.

M