konalavadome

Summer - contest entry

• 25 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 07:56:20 PM »
Hi Paul

those bells shook me a bit at first.....

i must have read these lyrics cos I remember them....

In typical Paulski fashion the songwriting is hard to fault...classic (have I said that before?)

Wow how did you hit that high harmony!

You've knocked out that 50s/early 60s sad summer love song thing with aplomb...yep definitely Four Seasons territory!

Nicely done.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 10:45:05 PM »
Whoah, someone got their tight pants out for this one!

Nicely done, I think you pulled the falsetto off pretty well. Nice interweaving harmonies.

The intro I thought could have been a little shorter but apart from that, no issues.

Sounds like something that could have made it onto the grease soundtrack had it been around at the time.

Yodasdad

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 05:40:47 PM »
Hi Paul, you always sing well but this one is outstanding, great stuff! Love the falsetto and the beach boys harmonies! Brilliant even if it does sound moreChristmas than Summer, who cares?
Brilliant!
Cheers
Jamie

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 01:05:16 PM »
Many thanks are overdue -

@JHos - cheers for the kind words John. Yeah drums are always a challenge for me - so good points on improving them. Glad you heard a 60's vibe as that was the plan  ;D

@PaulAds - thanks Paul. I'm a big fan of the four seasons - I think "I've got you under my skin" is my all-time favourite but they wrote some great songs themselves too. Appreciate you listening and your thumbs up.

@Jambrains - thanks for that - shows what I know about guitars - I thought a Rick was a bass  ;D Good comment about the organ - it does need taming in places and appreciate the vocals comment - I'm no Frankie Vallee but I do my best  ;D

@crystalsuzy - cheers CS - so happy it worked for you. Especially knowing how high the bar is set on the west coast with your fine tunes ;D ;D

@CaliaMoko - hey Vicki - thanks for the supportive comments. I think things were simpler back then but we didn't know to appreciate it, well those of us who were around..  ;D

@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - thanks Ian - now, aplomb is a word we don't hear much of in the colonies but it's appreciated just the same.

@Yodasdad - cheers Yoda - love the tight pants comment  ;D I debated about the intro length but I didn't need to cut in the end. I actually have a bridge built and ready to install so I might halve the intro at that point, if that point ever materializes  ;D So tempting to just move on to the next..

@Jamie - sleigh bells ring - are ya listening? On the beach, sand is glistening.. I rest my case! Seriously though thanks for the generous review!

Hope I didn't miss anyone - if so - thanks to you too!

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 10:10:23 AM »
Hi Paul,

lol, got to agree with the other comments re the Christmas Summer song. I had to check the calendar to make sure I hadn't fallen through a worm hole and arrived in the depths of winter. :) That said, it does sound very cheery.

The high vocals work very well. Great harmonies throughout. Great layers.
Very catchy. Well delivered and produced.

Digger

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »
Hi Paul,

lol, got to agree with the other comments re the Christmas Summer song. I had to check the calendar to make sure I hadn't fallen through a worm hole and arrived in the depths of winter. :) That said, it does sound very cheery.

The high vocals work very well. Great harmonies throughout. Great layers.
Very catchy. Well delivered and produced.

Digger

Thanks digger - yep christmas in july  ;D
Paul

Oldbutyet

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 11:53:06 PM »
Hey Mate if you're looking for a yo ho ho ho i think i can put that together  ;D  but i need to grow that long beard first   ;D   got a few months to go   ;)

Fabulous song has all the right summer feel to it, im i hearing a touch of grease in your style here, love the way you put your songs together and by the way, im hearing a rat pack as well   8)  really cool, as always   8)

s.l.wolf

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 07:49:37 AM »
Sounds so Christmasy, like it should be in a movie about the holidays. It's pretty good  :D
"I am no prophet — and here's no great matter.
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker."

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »
@Oldbutyet

cheers Pat -  rat pack eh? I love the rat pack  ;D ;D

@ s.l.wolf

hey - you're new! welcome and thank you for the kind words!

thanks again all for listening  ;D ;D

Oldbutyet

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 09:19:15 AM »
@Oldbutyet

cheers Pat -  rat pack eh? I love the rat pack  ;D ;D

@ s.l.wolf

hey - you're new! welcome and thank you for the kind words!

thanks again all for listening  ;D ;D

Hey Paul

Back in the day and new ones to come.

The Rat Pack  ;D  ;D

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 11:50:24 PM »
Loads of fun. Cracking falsetto! Everyones said everything already, so I'm just saying i liked it. A lot. Summertime bells and all :)
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now