konalavadome

A New Song - My Writing Process

• 18 Replies

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 12:15:54 AM »
Darren, let me just say that this is truly touching. I have lived the life of a single mom and a married mom and the fact that you recognize and can communicate what goes into it on a personal level is uniquely beautiful. What a mom needs most is rest, especially the single moms and when the kids fly the coop, that's what most women look forward to. I love the title Rediscovering Julie. Your mom is very lucky to have a son with such a talent that it allows this generous creation in her honor.

I've not been here much since you started this project but I'm really impressed with how quickly and skillfully you put it together.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
Hi Jenna

Thank you very much for your comments :) and taking the time to review my little project.

When I was younger I found myself blaming my mum for various things that weren't right in my life. As I got older I realised that we all grow up with certain issues and do our best to cope with them and reflecting in this manner made me realise how much my mum had to battle when bringing us up. It must have been so difficult for her to handle confusing and difficult emotions (failed relationships etc...) as well as having to be there for us. It wasn't an easy time for us as a family but we made it through and we all turned out well. As for my Mum she's still trying to do everything she can for everyone and I'd be so happy to see her put herself first and go and live the life she clearly deserves. So yeah an ode to my hard working courageous Mum.

Thanks

Darren

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 06:13:27 PM »
Hey Darren, not sure if we are supposed to be commenting since it might influence your writing process when this is supposed to be a record of how you naturally write, but I can't stop myself from saying that "Rediscovering Julie" is a brilliant title... unusual and enigmatic, draws you in straight away... and the whole set of lyrics are really strong.  Hope you keep at this one... and now I'll duck out and leave you to it!

I wholeheartedly agree, a brilliant title.

Interesting and ambitious project. And a very brave one to share. Kudos to you!

Good stuff!

Peter

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 08:53:46 PM »
Hey Darren, not sure if we are supposed to be commenting since it might influence your writing process when this is supposed to be a record of how you naturally write, but I can't stop myself from saying that "Rediscovering Julie" is a brilliant title... unusual and enigmatic, draws you in straight away... and the whole set of lyrics are really strong.  Hope you keep at this one... and now I'll duck out and leave you to it!

I wholeheartedly agree, a brilliant title.

Interesting and ambitious project. And a very brave one to share. Kudos to you!

Good stuff!

Peter

Thanks Peter for the kind and encouraging comments :)

Hopefully have more to share soon

Darren