Yesterday When You Still Loved Me.

• 16 Replies

s.l.wolf

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 02:20:52 PM »
As everyone seems to agree, the lyrics are definitely great. Also, the instrumentation being acoustic is exactly what it needs!! Doesn't even have to be anything fancy, simple stuff on a piano or a guitar (or both), would be great and make the vibe a lot nicer, while keeping the original melody.
I feel like I'm not adding much to what everyone says. I guess I thought someone else saying it is just more needed confirmation, or something, especially since I love the lyrics & wanna hear them with something more fitting. :)
"I am no prophet — and here's no great matter.
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker."

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 05:08:28 PM »
As everyone seems to agree, the lyrics are definitely great. Also, the instrumentation being acoustic is exactly what it needs!! Doesn't even have to be anything fancy, simple stuff on a piano or a guitar (or both), would be great and make the vibe a lot nicer, while keeping the original melody.
I feel like I'm not adding much to what everyone says. I guess I thought someone else saying it is just more needed confirmation, or something, especially since I love the lyrics & wanna hear them with something more fitting. :)

Hi:  Haven't heard from you before, so "welcome to the forum." 

As far as "not adding much to what everyone says," it is not possible to "not add much" with criticism.  Criticism is always valuable, but one piece of criticism is just "one person's opinion."  The importance of criticism is magnified greatly with every additional critic's opinion. 

One piece of criticism has very limited value.  It is "patterns of criticism" that are truly valuable.  If one person thinks a line in a lyric is wrong, it's just an opinion.  Two people is a "trend."  Three people who think the same thing probably means you'd better follow their opinion.

So thank you for adding to the "pattern of criticism".  TRUST ME, your opinion is important and valuable. Thanks again.

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.