Live Through

• 1 Replies

evanjavo

• Open Mic
  • Just passing through.
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »
Hiya,

Here's a song I've been messing around with for a while now. I apologize for my terrible singing skills but I just wanted to share what I've got so far. I'm not dead set on the lyrics either but I thought maybe you guys could at least get an idea of what I'm trying to go for. I'm open to as much critique as possible, but like I said I'm no singer but if anyone feels like they could have a better take on it then by all means go ahead. This is just something casual I like to do on the side. Hope you guys enjoy. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/revolve4round/live-through

Lyrics:
Somewhere in between this wasteland and the sky
I lost the love I knew that flew me out of time.

There's truth in my mistakes and good behind my sins.
I need the peace I made inside my heart again.

But as I say goodbye
It's me, myself and I

Won't be anything I'm not
To be the one you love.
Whatever helps you see
And whatever let's you know
It's best to just let go
And fade out of sight.
Live through the night.
Yeah
Live through the night.

Throughout the many years I've tried to set apart
I lost the love I knew that flew me to the stars.

I'm dazed by my own brain, my body and my soul.
I need that peace I made before I'm far too gone.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:13:02 PM by evanjavo »

s.l.wolf

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »
To start things off,I really like the lyrics. I think they are well written. That being said I feel like they're missing something. Just a part of it or something should be about something more...visible, or tangible. I don't know how to explain it but l guess it's missing something that can play out in your head as you're listening to it.
The music fits and gives the right vibe. It does, however, feel like it's missing something too. A bridge maybe, where things kind of quiet down, and sound different.
Also have you ever tried it with a quieter beginning? Like the first two lines, slower, quieter, just so it feels like things pick up later on. I think that would be a good addition.

Btw, the singing thing, I can totally relate. I'm no singer, and mostly feel like I have no clue what I'm doing or what it sounds like to other people's ears, but hey, someone's gotta sing them right? You sound alright, don't worry about :)
"I am no prophet — and here's no great matter.
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker."