konalavadome

Goofunk

• 7 Replies

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« on: July 02, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »

Hi!

After weeks and weeks of "not touching the guitar", I've finally find a minute to make this little tune, full of nothingness.

Lyrics inspired by Friedrich Nietzsche.

Please shutdown your brain before pushing the play button.

;D

Love is all, Nono.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 10:02:13 PM »
Cool vid man!  Funky tune too.  Like you sort of suggested with 'shutdown your brain', great to have some tracks like this that are just really funky without too much meaning & consideration behind them.  Dig your basslines and the edgy guitar but more than anything I like the life affirming 'joie-de-vivre' in this.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 10:09:43 PM »
Well Nono, first of all Goofunk is a brilliant title for a song. I just loved the vibe of this.  You kept it relatively simple but repeated the hook which was a clever way. Some lovely little drop outs and sound FX. I thought this was excellent.  As I watched the video as well I'd have to say I have no idea how you achieve that stuff but it was mightily impressive  :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »
Yo New Daddy nono.  :D

I'm amazed you have the time these days to do any music at all!

Loved the party feel to the song,as for the video,well sleep deprivation does funny things to the brain.  :D

Magic stuff and very entertaining.  :)

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »
Yes you're right Skub, fatherhood did a weird thing to my mind and I had to let it out (crazy happiness).

PompeyJazz, it took me a lot of time to put all this stuff together and I can't remember how some stuff was done, THAT is due to the sleep deprivation !

Anyway, thanks for your supportive and kind words. :-)

Nono.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 05:57:25 PM »
This is great mate! Very original and very funky. Loved everything about it (except one tiny nit - could just be my system but the solo seemed quite quiet which made me sad as I can from looking you rocked that thank!). The video is super cool too and very imaginative!

Really great stuff from you mate. When I have more time I'll check out your other stuff

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 08:01:51 PM »
This is great, sounds very professional and the video is really cool. I also would have liked the solo to be a little more prominent, but thats the only very small thing I can nit pick

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »
Thks guys i'm going to change the solo mix in the final batch.

The L word.

Nono.