Shake Your Booty Like J-LO (Summer Competition Entry)

• 21 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 02:11:45 AM »
I totally enjoyed listening to this one MJ :) Dance club all the way, and to be honest, I think you've done quite a good job on the production :)
The lyrics are really fun...not that I'm into JL-O's butt ;D
I think for this kind of genre, you almost need some effect...dare I say 'auto-tune', on the vocals :o but what do I know ::)
I agree, I think the chorus could be a little more distinct, from the verses, but not a biggy :)
It's a great song and good luck in the comp :) :)

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 04:42:49 PM »
Great track,

Sounds pumping, vocals fit perfectly with the dance beat, and a great picture to look at while listening to track. Ticks all the boxes.

Catchy bassline too,

Smacked of JK in there.........good work...

Andy

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 04:43:04 PM »
Hi, not really a genre I'm up with so limited comments to make really. Really liked the singing, that was the highlight for me. It moved along nicely but As I said not really my thing!
Cheers
Jamie

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 07:14:06 PM »
Many Thanks for the comments from everyone - Must admit I lost interest in this one quite quickly and did not put nearly enough effort into the finished product - But ive just uploaded a quick acoustic one take raw Demo (With Mistakes) if anyone is interested to see where the original idea came from.

https://soundcloud.com/morefrog-jones/jlo-acoustic-demo

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 10:47:16 PM »
Hi Morefrog.  Well a butt in you're face is one way to attract lis tenders and I'm sure this is very tongue in cheek  ;D Brilliant summer dance track man. Luuuuuurve it

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 05:47:20 AM »
As with some of the others I don't know much about this sort of style.

The beat is infectious enough all right if a little bass-lite (on my headphones), and the song is catchy with a good punchline.

I think your vocal style which fits a lot of your other stuff....the way you end your phrases, your 'attitude' as Bin calls it...don't know how to describe it...isn't quite appropriate for this kind of thing.

Having said that I'm no expert on anything from the last 30 years so have no idea if this fits the 'up to date' brief or not.

Dancy and appealing in any case.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 06:56:42 AM »
I can't dance.....but I'm willing to try!!
Good song, man!!
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee