That Kiss

• 24 Replies

exfairy

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »
What im hearing is you trying to make your vocal recording perfect, stop.

Dont lose (and forgive me for using this word) cuteness in the way you sing your lyrics, its your style and its a winner, also you play the ukulele really well, if i was a recording producer and im not but if i was i would go with the recording that suits your style   8)

Which recording would you say captures the "cuteness"? I didn't realise it gives off that sound tbh so I can't really tell? I'm honestly just trying to sing it in tune :P

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 02:26:45 PM »
Yo exfairy.

I'm on record as being a big non fan of ukes,but even I have to admit in the context of this song and your vocals,it works very well.

It has a folky/quirky charm and the song itself is strong.

Didn't like the pringles drum,perhaps a shaker here and there would be a good substitute?

Oldbutyet

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »
What im hearing is you trying to make your vocal recording perfect, stop.

Dont lose (and forgive me for using this word) cuteness in the way you sing your lyrics, its your style and its a winner, also you play the ukulele really well, if i was a recording producer and im not but if i was i would go with the recording that suits your style   8)

Which recording would you say captures the "cuteness"? I didn't realise it gives off that sound tbh so I can't really tell? I'm honestly just trying to sing it in tune :P

Thanks for asking your question and again apology for using the word "cuteness" but the way i hear things is whatever is right for the song is right for the song and the way you sing this is perfect for your song.

The recording i heard yesterday is the only other recording i heard and as far as i know its the first recording i heard from you, you got style theres no doubt about that but my advice is dont try to impress just sing your song.

Check out some recording producers and send them this song and see what they say, but remember, if they want money from you, walk away.

Welcome to the journey  8)

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »
Hi Exfairy,

Loving this song and others you have done. The style is super current.

As others have said, dont try and change it and make it too polished, sounds lovely as it is,

With a bit of production your songs will sound really nice,

I have sent you a PM regarding some help with production.

Cheers
Andy
Cawproductions.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »
Hi, I'm not a big fan of the uke but nevertheless you have a current sound that works well. Simple but effective song. A bit of a bigger production would help so along as it didn't lose its simplicity.
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 06:15:24 PM »
Jamie,

Totally agree, over producing will lose the original feel, It has a Youtuber feel but with a bit of polish it can sound less bedroomy,  Bang on at the moment, all over the TV on adverts, etc.

My Daughter plays the Uke and I really love it but agree its a marmite thing.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 03:57:42 AM »
Another real fun song to listen to. Love the energy...... 8)
                                                           -T
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

exfairy

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 04:58:53 PM »
New version. Currently at home so I can't use the uni mac lab or pro tools but I'm quite happy with this. Thoughts? :)

Link: https://soundcloud.com/exfairy/that-kiss-5/s-G5Sup

Oldbutyet

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »
New version. Currently at home so I can't use the uni mac lab or pro tools but I'm quite happy with this. Thoughts? :)

Link: https://soundcloud.com/exfairy/that-kiss-5/s-G5Sup

Even more beautiful now, everything flows just right everything fits in perfectly and your vocals are really an absolute pleasure to listen too, i tip my hat to you young lady  8)

Sorry but have to ask, whats the story with Cawproductions   8)

s.l.wolf

• Busker
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 07:57:47 AM »
The melody with the ukulele set this mood, it's pretty nice. Good job.  :)
"I am no prophet — and here's no great matter.
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker."