Petebrennan

• Busker
« on: July 09, 2017, 07:02:32 PM »

Love to hear opinions on my latest effort
Thanks in advance

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:05:18 PM »
Hello Pete, I enjoyed your song.  Your vocal delivery sounds great in it - you have a good vibrato in your voice for this kind of track.  The bit where the fuzzy guitars kick in at 1:14 is cool, the chorus has attitude, and I also liked the way you bring in what sounds like a reverbed single string of an acoustic (?) played fast under the second half of each verse - subtle but it helps the track build very nicely.  Suggestions for improvement if any from me would be put your voice a bit higher in the mix during the choruses (it gets a bit lost) and try and shave a minute off it if you can since it's a bit long and felt slightly repetitive by the end - maybe the later verses and the middle 8 could be half the length without sacrificing the nice change in dynamics you have between them?  Thanks for sharing this.  
It's all too beautiful.

Petebrennan

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 12:09:13 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. Producer and I have already decided to cut a bar from the middle eight/bridge and a bar from the outcome.  Just didn't realise until after the session. I agree with the vocals being buried in the chorus. Will sort it out. Thank you forequire taking the time to listen.

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »
Hi Pete,

not really my type of music but it sounds as good as some of the top 20 songs I've heard. I agree with Paulyx's comments, the vocals in the chorus should be louder and its a little too long. Although I see you are addressing that with the producer.

Will you be putting up the edited version? I hope so.

Keith

Petebrennan

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 06:58:38 AM »
Thanks for the comment. Yes, I will post the edit when it's done.

s.l.wolf

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 08:07:10 AM »
This is so good, but I think it can be even better. I'm not sure how, but I feel like it's a bit too long, so if it was shorter and the build up was just a little bit more intense, it would work wonders. It's already great, don't get me wrong, I just thought I'd tell you that.  :D
"I am no prophet — and here's no great matter.
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker."

Petebrennan

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 12:46:01 PM »
Thank you. I agree it's too long. The master will be tighter.

Petebrennan

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 01:59:47 PM »
Here's a link to a lyric video of this song

Petebrennan

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 06:14:24 PM »
@petebrennanmusic on facebook.com and youtube