Near finished protest song lyrics - Fallout *** (Caution - swear word below)***

• 25 Replies

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 12:27:44 AM »
Lol. JackDaw, I've no doubt my words will never be worthy of such a longstanding and well-respected arteest like John Cooper Clark!

So, I've got the first drum loop worked up. Here you go:

https://soundcloud.com/lollypop-guild/falllout-rhythm-track-sample-one

Well, nevermind. I tried. Looks like I need some technical help with this. I'm getting lots of pops and cracks, like a linty old vinyl record. That's something new. And the mixdown didn't snag the entire track so it could be looped. It plays well in the DAW on loop mode, but isn't coming out right in a .wav or .mp3 copy. Sound card?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:56:15 AM by Jenna »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 01:16:32 AM »
Tried to listen to drum track...nothing there...  ??? :(

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 02:04:17 AM »
I know! I had to keep trying before I could get a decent sample up. Learning software and trying to accomplish things at the same time. This one should work:
https://soundcloud.com/lollypop-guild/fallout-rhythm-sample-2

I see you over there.  ;)

Updating to add the first version:

https://soundcloud.com/lollypop-guild/fallout-rhythm-mix-1-1

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:35:00 AM by Jenna »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 03:06:04 AM »
There it is! Cool sound.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 06:52:08 AM »
Yes! Thank you. I'm finding a lot of really cool sounds in Mixcraft. Sorting through them all is quite the project, but so much fun.

Gill

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 05:54:57 PM »
Yes I use Mixcraft as well for production and when I uploaded it to Soundcloud there didn't seem to be problems? Is it Mixcraft 7 you use?

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 06:19:18 PM »
Nice. So you also use Mixcraft. I'm using 8. But I got it sorted out. My track was too short. I'd been looping a single repeat in the DAW, and uploaded that. It didn't work out so well on playback online. Adjusting settings took care of the crackles and unwanted distortion. Now my only concern is if the volume is adequate.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 08:10:51 AM »
Hi,
Good write, I like it and can hear how you've worked hard at the rhyming scheme, so when i read it i start to hear the tune in my head.

My only thought is that "war fear stroked" isn't that easy to sing.

Good luck and look forward to hearing it

:)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 12:39:39 AM »
Would you be willing to share your tune, Neil? My background for this song took a complete U-turn, so I'm back to square one on it.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »
2 things: 

1.  I can't view any of your soundcloud offerings.  I think you may have it set set so that only Soundcloud members can view. 

2.  I'm a little confused after your post to Neil.  Have you abandoned the "sound in your head" and are truly starting over?  Still looking for a vocal melody, or starting anew without one? 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 10:38:51 PM »
Hi Hardtwist,

I went and reset it to public after reading your previous comment, so it should be available again at the link:https://soundcloud.com/lollypop-guild/truth-in-love

That's what happened with the original when I started humming along to it. I've gone through and made them all public, even all of the tracks showing the evolution of the Fallout song. Some of the members really liked the new direction, and if I decide to stick with it and develop it further than I will be back to square one looking for a melody/music for the original set of protest lyrics.