Man Reborn

• 24 Replies

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 09:05:44 AM »
Cool track.

This fascinates me...can't really explain why...but there's just something about it that I find really interesting...I wonder if it's a bit Ian Dury...but it's definitely got its own thing going on.

anyway...I really enjoyed hearing this...it's a bit off the wall and I like it.

Hey Paul!! Nice to read your comments :) I like to be a bit off the wall :P you'll have to forgive my ignorance though as I don't know who Ian Dury is :P another one to put on the check out list ;) thanks for your comments and support mate! Very much appreciated!! Darren

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 06:36:57 PM »
The recording isn't bad....so you must be getting better..it's bloody hard I know well...I was really crap...this ain't bad.

Anyway the song is really nice....love that understated vocal delivery and the catchy rhythm of the thing. Those guitar bits that follow and underline some of the vocal parts work really well. Nice guitar sound too.

Lyric is great especially that 'and I often think, in quieter times, if I don't sink too low that I might rise above these flames a man reborn but no...

Onwards I row'

Great! And delivered so well.

I can understand Paul's Dury reference not that it sounds especially like him but as he says it ploughs its own furrow in the same way that Dury's stuff did....and a few other guys from that era...say Jona Lewie or Wreckless Eric...has that individuality.

If it was me I would definitely repeat once...or maybe more times depending on how many I think I could get away with...just the 'I might rise above these flames a man reborn but no...

Onwards I row'

This how I would go out...either one repeat or several because this is such a great bit that it could stand the repeating.

Enjoyed it!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
Hey Viscount

Thanks a lot for listening and reviewing pal :) and for the helpful comments. I am glad you like the lyrics and music and it's great to hear positive feedback. Now that you have mentioned it I am going to try and add some repeats at the end. I will tinker around with my acoustic and see what I can figure out.

It's nice getting fresh perspective on a song...so thank you very much

Darren

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 11:59:46 PM »
great lyrics
I can't hear thesong
no strong connectivity the da net
I'll get 'round to hearing it -I hope-
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 12:55:50 AM »
Yo Darren.

This is a solid song. It has a certain panache,compelling and interesting.

Well worth exploring further.  :)

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »
Thanks Rightly and Skub for your feedback! I am going to try and re record parts of this again and John has kindly offered to help mix, might be a while before it's finished but I am hoping before the end of the year :P

Just got a lot on at the moment and trying to finalise some parts of this. Hopefully have my second finished song under my belt soonish though ;)

Thanks for everyones comments and support

Darren

Pridezero

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »
If there is such good information post again

Threepwood

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 05:48:49 PM »
Christ, this is catchy. Love the insisting pulse right from the beginning. All the guitar contributions are ear-candy to me...gonna have that chrous in my head all day.
Happiness is a warm manatee

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 09:31:59 PM »
Christ, this is catchy. Love the insisting pulse right from the beginning. All the guitar contributions are ear-candy to me...gonna have that chrous in my head all day.

Cheers Threepwood :) for the listen and the kind comments. A great to see you sticking around ;)

Take care

Darren

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »
I put my headphones on and started it over. I loved it.  I like the contrast of upbeat tempo with the dark lyrics. It emphasizes that internal struggle you're singing about. I can tell it's going to be stuck in my head all day. Great rhythm.