Downloading onto an External drive

• 4 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 03, 2017, 12:20:35 PM »
Hi,

I'm looking at buying Komplete 11, the problem is that my internal drive on my Mac is a 250gb SSD.

It's quite small therefore and doesn't have much room left.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to download Komplete on to an external drive or offer any pointers?

I don't think downloading it to the internal and then moving it across is an option with the space remaining but if this is the only option I'll have to try to get rid of some stuff.

Thanks for any help.

Yodasdad

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:35:18 PM »
Hello YD

i think i'd probably treat myself to a bigger SSD for the Mac (about 960GB for around £250?) and keep the existing SSD as a backup...you don't want to risk losing any of those great songs of yours!

you've probably already considered this...just thought i'd chip in :-)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 12:57:38 PM »
Cheers Paul,

Buying a new drive will be my last resort though.

All of my songs are stored on external drives already. I've always worked this way which is why I went for the small SSD in the first place.

I was assured that it would be plenty big enough but it seems that it's already quite full despite me not actually saving anything to it or downloading much software.

I've got about 3TB spare on my external drives so I'm hoping there's a way I can utilise this.

Yodasdad

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:32:32 PM »
I did exactly this with Komplete

I got the Ultimate edition, which came on a small SSD drive - but it doesn't run from this drive so it still needs to be installed

What you want to do is download and install the PROGRAMMES to your internal drive (they are quite small) but install the Komplete LIBRARIES (which are HUGE) to your external external drive

From memory you get a choice of where to install each component

This vid should sort you out:

Good luck and have fun with KOMPLETE - I think you would only ever scratch the surface in a lifetime!!!!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 12:23:03 PM »
Cheers Boydie.

Komplete is half price at the moment by the way, with some discounts on upgrades, if you know anyone else who's after it.

Yodasdad