How do?

• 4 Replies

properbo3000

• Busker
« on: June 03, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »
Rough mix of a new tune... proper rough, guide vocals only.

Y'know that feeling when your head is solidly in a song for a couple of days? You finally come up for air and then go back for a listen with a different perspective. All of a sudden you can't decide if what you've been working on is utterly terrible or half decent? Yeah...that...

Thoughts appreciated!

Ta x

https://soundcloud.com/martin-wallace-3/rough-mix-2

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 08:16:25 PM »
Fine guitar intro.  I’d perhaps make it half the length.  There’s a decent melody when the vocal kicks in.  I know it’s a guide/rough vocal but I’d certainly move it up non the mix as the music dominates too much at the moment.  I think there is a fine song that will really impress once you’ve laid down the final vocal and raised it’s volume.  Some great contrasting sections too.

Paul

Gill

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 08:21:00 PM »
I definitely think there's more to it and should be pursued. It's far from "utterly terrible" believe me  :)

s.l.wolf

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:31:41 PM »
I wasn't gonna comment because I have nothing constructive to say. But I figured since you're doubting that this is good I thought I'd just be one more person to tell you.
This is great! I can't fully judge until you finish the lyrics & vocals, but it sounds great. The guitar is awesome, throughout the whole thing, especially that little riff, it's pretty cool. The drums really do the job well. It changes pace enough times to keep you interested. So just write the lyrics, give it the time it deserves just to get the best possible stuff, to finish this off nicely. :)
"I am no prophet — and here's no great matter.
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker."

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 12:25:19 AM »
I'm old and hard of hearing, and could not make out a word of the vocal.  A lyric sheet would have made this as good as I can hear that it really is. 

Definitly (imo) a keeper. 

And, yes, the vocal does need to be higher in the mix.  Even for a temporary listen. 

But it's a really good song (again, imo)
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.