Drink from the Toilet

• 23 Replies

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 12:58:19 AM »
Very funny. I love this for a protest song. It comes across like a late night comedian cracking jokes about the sad state of things - a needed laugh at the end of every bad news day. If it were a more serious protest song, I'd have commented some of the rhymes sounded forced. But they only add to the humor of the song, as I'm sure is your intent. Nice work. How in the world did it come in second to last? People need a sense of humor.  :P

Why???
Coz it's fulla dog poops and pathetic poetry!!!

That's why.

Jackdaw1888 :-)
Huh??

My sentiments, exactly.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »
Thanks to all who commented - nice to know a little potty humour is still appreciated.

Speaking of which, did you enjoy drinking the murky water yesterday?

Did you come away with a stink?  ;D ;D

Paul

And Co.

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 08:27:18 AM »
I like it, cause it's funny but it is also well written. I think it's good as a protest song. Some rhymes are a bit forced according to me, but I really wouldn't know how to change the words, cause they have a perfect meaning.
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 09:17:02 PM »
I like it, cause it's funny but it is also well written. I think it's good as a protest song. Some rhymes are a bit forced according to me, but I really wouldn't know how to change the words, cause they have a perfect meaning.
Thanks And C. Guess it wouldn't be the first time something was forced on the toilet  ;D ;D but we should all try to avoid that...

lillypilly

• Open Mic
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 09:47:48 PM »
Ha ha a load of bollocks and all, a load of bollocks and all

I like this a lot because some of it can be very true and it is such a hoot

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 10:33:00 PM »
As PIL once said "It's all bollocks". But this is great. Buyer's Remorsis indeed!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 06:04:22 PM »
Thanks lillypilly and Adam - potty humour is fun IMHO.
Hope you don't get "Poster's remorsis"  ;D ;D
Paul

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2017, 01:01:46 AM »
I read this when you first posted it, and was short of bandwitdth, so I never replied.  

The last verse is true genius. . . and everything that precedes it sets it up perfectly.  

Makes me think of an old, old joke about lawyers (but would easily be applied to politicians.)  

The joke:   "Have you heard that they have quit using white rats for research?  They've started using lawyers instead.  There are several advantages.  First advantage is that research on rats doesn't really tell you exactly how a human would react.  Second advantage is that the researchers sometimes get attached to the rats and hate to do things that could harm them.  The final advantage is that . . . well, that there are things that a rat just won't do.

Oh. . . and btw. . . You think democracy is messy in CANADA?  Ya oughtta live HERE right now.  'o)

BTW. . . some of my best friends are lawyers.  ;o)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:04:13 AM by hardtwistmusic »
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 01:09:10 AM »
Very funny. I love this for a protest song. It comes across like a late night comedian cracking jokes about the sad state of things - a needed laugh at the end of every bad news day. If it were a more serious protest song, I'd have commented some of the rhymes sounded forced. But they only add to the humor of the song, as I'm sure is your intent. Nice work. How in the world did it come in second to last? People need a sense of humor.  :P

Why???
Coz it's fulla dog poops and pathetic poetry!!!

There's no dog poop in it.  And, for what it's worth, Paulski missed out on a fairly gross bit of dog behaviour by NOT putting dog poop in it.  What dogs sometimes do with dog poop (and particularly with kitty poop) is far more gross than drinking from the toilet. 'o)

That's why.

Jackdaw1888 :-)

There's no dog poop in it.  And, for what it's worth, Paulski missed out on a fairly gross bit of dog behaviour by NOT putting dog poop in it.  What dogs sometimes do with dog poop (and particularly with kitty poop) is far more gross than drinking from the toilet. 'o)
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.