The Songwriter Forum - songwriting reviews, tips and chat

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 21, 2017, 08:42:40 AM
Anthony Lane - Look what weve become | New album out now
Exciting TV Opportunity For Songwriters - Click Here For More Details:
http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13541.0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Topic Tools  
Read June 14, 2017, 05:40:53 PM #15
Darren1664

Re: Kindred Souls featuring WickedDeeds and OldButYet

Hey

I thought I had popped my head in here to say what a fab song this is but looks like I never! Tongue

What a fab song this is!  Cool

Yet again your fab style shines through and your excellent voice coupled with a lovely piano melody make for a great listen. The additional vocals are lovely and come together so well at the end! An epic finish to a great song.

Well done.

Read June 15, 2017, 05:26:05 PM #16
adamfarr

I think there's nothing wrong with schmalzy if you set out to be schmalzy - the problem would be being inadvertently schmalzy.

If I had a nit it would be that I found Pat's part a little hard to hear and I wasn't sure whether the delay really added much.

But I think this just ticks all the boxes and does what it says on the tin - it's an arms-across-the-ocean song tailormade for pubs, sports occasions, benefit concerts and general drunkenness (or just hope...)

Read June 17, 2017, 10:17:15 AM #17
crystalsuzy

A very uplifting song Paul. You have such a distinctive sound, both vocally and melodically, and the addition of Paul and Pat, really added to this Smiley I love the epic ending, and no, it's not too much  Shocked
I think anything that uplifts, and gives us a feeling of hope, is worth it's weight in gold, these days  Shocked
If you tour across Canada, please come to my little town on the west coast! I'd love to join in the choir like chorus Smiley Kudos guys  Smiley

Read June 18, 2017, 11:55:33 PM #18
Paulski

Time again to offer my thanks  Grin Grin

@Darren1664

Cheers Darren - very kind of you. I agree Paul and Pat really made this shine for me anyway.

@adamfarr

Thanks Adam - Maybe "hopeful drunkeness"  Grin yeah I gotta fix that spot where Pat gets drowned out. Trying to finish my summer song first  Grin Grin Grin

@crystalsuzy

Thank you my fellow canuck. Yeah you're hired for the choir. Pat is bringing the beer.  Grin Grin

Read June 19, 2017, 06:02:24 AM #19
Oldbutyet

@Darren1664

Cheers Darren - very kind of you. I agree Paul and Pat really made this shine for me anyway.

@adamfarr

Thanks Adam - Maybe "hopeful drunkeness"  Grin yeah I gotta fix that spot where Pat gets drowned out. Trying to finish my summer song first  Grin Grin Grin

@crystalsuzy

Thank you my fellow canuck. Yeah you're hired for the choir. Pat is bringing the beer.  Grin Grin

Hey Paul, i think we're going to need a bigger fridge   Cool

Honolulu Suzy   Grin   Grin  okay i know, wrong country, but Honolulu Suzy   Grin   Grin

Read June 19, 2017, 10:54:00 AM #20
crystalsuzy

@Darren1664

@adamfarr

@crystalsuzy

Hey Paul, i think we're going to need a bigger fridge   Cool

Honolulu Suzy   Grin   Grin  okay i know, wrong country, but Honolulu Suzy   Grin   Grin
Honolulu definitely works for me Been wanting to get there for ever Shocked
 Just let me know the dates Grin Grin PS Can you make mine cider  Grin Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to:  

A Brand New Copy Shoppe project