Short Holiday on a Tiny Island - (Summer Comp Entry)

• 21 Replies

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
Hey Tina,

Awesome singing as usual! I do like hearing your vocals but can't complain at the guitar doing the singing either!

Is the length a jab at the length of the English Sumner? Maybe that's because I listened to Skub's before this, but I wish I could rewind and replay summer as easy as I can this!

Done well to create a distinctive summertime sound without words to do that for you, great use of the drums and had a bit of Hawaiian feel imo.

Fantastic! Just wish it was linger of course!

All the best,
Scott

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 03:28:23 PM »
Short yes, but straightforward and to the point. The toms are spot on as are the guitars. Would like some more of the bass guitar in the mix though. Certainly have a summer time feel to it and the sound is distinctly you (albeit slightly less crazy than some of your other offerings). Me like!

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »
What the Shadows would have sounded like on acid. Perfect for a cloudy summer's afternoon.

Keith

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:39 AM »
Reminds me of listening to the radio when I was in high school. The beginning sounds a lot like the Ventures. That wonderful guitar sound. The drums sound very native. I love the whole thing; it's awesome. Wish I could do stuff like that. Maybe if I practice hard for the next 10 years???

I did listen to it twice. Still not enough....  ;D

Vicki

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 03:27:40 PM »
Crikey that was short!

The main riff is great and super catchy...very memorable. Backing riddim guitar chords nice too. And the other voice is epic TinaM and in a lovely space...don't know the technical term....in fact whole song is great in this area. All over those island/jungle drums....perfect.

I could've have listened longer....but, as everybody else has probably said, I just had to listen a few times again!

Second instrumental I've heard in the comp so far and enjoyed both though I do like a vocal generally....

Great sound and rather a catchy little number too.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 07:27:48 PM »
Thank you all so much for listening to my very short instrumental,
& of course thats why i called it what i did  :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 07:03:28 PM »
That's some killer guitar right there! Super skills and a real enjoyable listen, thanks Tina...doo doo da da doo doo..doo doo da da deee doo...love it!