konalavadome

Ashes for Dreams

• 2 Replies

Ashes for Dreams

• Busker
    • Official Homepage
« on: May 25, 2017, 08:36:48 AM »
Ashes for Dreams is the new band project of Johan Alm (aka Jambrains) and Karen O’Mahony, formed to cement their musical partnership after a successful and invigorating year of collaboration which started with the release of Lie with Me in May, 2016.

Both coming from completely different cultures and musical backgrounds - incorporating between them classical, traditional, folk and rock - they had each previously produced solo work vastly different to the other’s. Their first collaboration, the brainchild of Johan and an eyeopener to both band members and their followers, was the first of an EP-worth of songs produced in their first year of collaboration.

Johan’s style is heavy rock with a unique and gritty vocal style and guitar work admired and envied by many. Karen’s natural home is more folk, which to their surprise works beautifully in a heavy rock setting. Together, they are a magical combination, particularly when they duet - their distinctive voices blending as if made for each other! Johan gives Karen more edge, Karen keeps Johan’s Rock God under control...

It shouldn’t work, but it does  ;D

We will still, of course, continue to release separately but collaborations between both of us will be under the AFD banner
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:40:47 AM by Ashes for Dreams »
ashesfordreams.com
soundcloud.com/ashesfordreams
facebook.com/ashesfordreams
youtube.com/channel/UCB4f9GngKS_mhLKyk5Nptnw

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 01:11:44 PM »
Great stuff Johan, I look forward to great songs from you and Karen. I love a folk tinged rock sound, wishbone ash are one of my favourite bands, they did that blend well.

Gill

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »
Hello and welcome !  ;D