Telling you now

• 22 Replies

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« on: May 21, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »
Hi Peeps.

Been super bus recently trying to get a lot of unfinished stuff completed...I am sure thats gunna ring out with a few of you one here.

As you know I mainly do producing and not singing. So, I bought myself a new mic recently (Rode NT2a), thought hey, Lets give it a go and see what it can do, See if it can sort out my dodgy singing.

So....Here a song I wrote to try it out. Bit of a Dance tune, but a bit pop.

https://soundcloud.com/cawproductions/telling-you-now

Ok  I can hear you all shouting this is a Songwriting forum, not a producers forum.....

Yeh,yeh,.... I know, so heres my Lyrics, I am not a deep thinker (Thats why I engineer) so they are very straight to the point. Also I am not the worlds best singer.

So dig out the sub and get the bass bins out and crank it to 11.

Verse 1:
Thinking back it was only gunna last about a year
you must have thought that I would see those words and never shed a tear
Theres a part of me, hoping you walk away for good…….
I try to figure it out, your words get mis understood.

Chorus:
Coz I’me telling you now, you’re must be hurting somehow
and I can feel your pain (run down)
Coz Ime telling you now, and you’ve been sleeping around
saying things are not the same
Don’t tell me things are right for you.oooooo

Verse 2:
I guess you must of heard the things your dfriends are saying that are true
couldn’t hear the voices telling me what did I see in you
See theres something with me that you really didn’t know
You can’t see inside coz I don’t like to show

Chorus:
Coz I’me telling you now, you’re must be hurting somehow
and I can feel your pain (run down)
Coz Ime telling you now, and you’ve been sleeping around
saying things are not the same

Gill

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »
Well I'm TELLING YOU NOW that is a solid track especially the chorus of the song. The verses are nice and mellow and then the chorus comes in, seeming rather catchy. Your voice is far from dodgy  ;D Great tune!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:29:38 PM by Fhaos »

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:06:12 PM »
Yo Andy.

Big wide open sound on this baby.

Your vox have quite an 80s style and tone,nothing awry there. On the money for the song.

The words fulfilled the job of making a pleasant accompaniment to the music,but I don't think I've ever listened to lyrics on a dance track,usually a load of balls anyway.  :D

A fine listen Andy,I'm on my second listen now. Would be a great driving track.  8)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 01:27:42 PM »
hey there - really liked it. The lyrics are fine for the genre and actually work fine.

The synthy backing pops along really well, I liked the swells, and your voice sounds great.

The only thing that I didn't totally go for was the "ooh-ooh-ooh" - I think just sonically it felt a bit out of place and didn't latch onto other lines that went before (mind you, my music is generally the antedote to dance music, so I'm not the reference!)

I can hear this as a workout track down the gym... great work.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »
Nicely done,

From a production point of view it sounds pretty good to me.

The song, well it does what it says on the tin, catchy and modern. The vocals sound fine to me and hold their own in the track, very clear.

Lyrics tend to pass me by but I didn't notice anything out of place. I guess people don't want war and peace when they're off their face on the dance floor anyway.

Nicely put together.

Yodasdad

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »
Your vocals sound absolutely fine... no need to be coy about them.  That's an impressive vocal range you've got there.  I certainly couldn't "ooh" anywhere near that register!
Nice track - I was going to say the same thing as Adam said, that this sounds like the kind of high energy track they play in the gym.  As you've said yourself the lyrics are not the most unique thing about this but fit the formula for the genre.  Production sounds really pro.  Hope you are pleased with that mic, it seems to have delivered on this one.
It's all too beautiful.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »
omg I love that Ooo oo oo oo oo in the chorus!..that is so fabulously earwormy & artful!
You have a realy good voice Andy & this is very modern & catchy ...ok lyrically its not Bob Dylan, but he never had the amazing power of Ooo oo oo ooo & frankly he missed a big opportunity I think!  :)

i honestly dont know why anyone would bother saying 'You' anymore when they can say Yoo oo oo oo oo!
Anyway i think You oo oo should give this to Rosanna & have a hit with it!
or if You oo oo & Mikey fancy being a boy band, go for it on your own!  :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

joepravda

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »
great tune....had me singing along with the chorus on the first listen.
good voice too...works great.
dance isn't a style i listen to a lot.....but if it sounds like this i'd be a convert!

cheers

joe

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 09:16:51 PM »
Great EDM track

I'm a love the EOOOs person.

The song has hints of early 80s synths which I love

Great listen

Sandeep

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 10:12:18 PM »
Hi All.

Well what can I say, didnt expect that response, so many thanks for everyone who took time to comment and listen.

Totally agree, Its a dance track, Who listens to the lyrics anyway and I hope it was catchy.

Thanks for production feedback, Thats my bag but the new mic really rocks so more things to come there.

There are a lot of lyricists in here far better than me and I wont be competing there.  :)

My aim was to make it hooky (earwormy (Tina)), catchy and dancey, so hope it forfilled its job. I still cant stand listening to my vocal though....need to push through that somehow.

Not everyones cup of tea but that whats makes this place great, everyones track style and genre gets a listen.....

Appreciate your comments......
Andy

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 01:18:39 AM »
Hi Andy

I don't usually pour my cup from this kind of teapot but it sounded like a fun modern dance tune to me.
I think you ee oo ee oo did a good job of mixing this and singing it.  ;D
Shades of disco in there too.
Sounds like what they use on commercials these days - you should pitch it there.

good work  ;D
Paul

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 03:08:48 PM »
Thanks Paul and to everyone who gave it a listen..

Onwards and upwards.

Cheers
Andy

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 05:02:14 PM »
Not a genre I'm really an expert on so can't comment on arrangement etc.

It moves along nicely enough and the chorus has an appropriate lift from the verse....and is catchy.

Gently appealing but not blowing me away....maybe I'm asking too much! A bit more in the way of some dynamic change would have helped I think....it wasn't very ambitious....hey look, maybe I am asking too much! I'm not much of a dancer so maybe I was listening too hard!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 06:10:29 PM »
Hi, not really my thing but I still liked it! The vocals are excellent and the production sounds very good to me :P. Like the change to falsetto. A very good listen imho!
Good stuff!
Cheers
Jamie

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 09:17:58 PM »
Hey Andy

Firstly as everyone else has said your vocal good. Great in fact and I really enjoyed listening to this. The pick up at the chorus is great and of course the ooo ooo's were great.

I really can't fault this track at all and the production is spot on. Someone else mentioned this being a great driving tune and I completely agree....nice sunny day, seaside drive, awesome!! Really nice track mate. The ooo ooo's are stuck with me :P

Take care buddy

Darren