President Pinnochio (mild profanity)

• 10 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« on: May 20, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »
In (eager) anticipation that the Trump administration might soon come to it's well deserved crashing halt, I'm anxiously trying to finish this lyric/song before it becomes instantly obsolete.  

It's a "relieved goodbye" to the least honest leader in my lifetime.  I desperately want it to be complete (music and all) when the day/event happens. . . whether it be impeachment, resignation, or just plain quitting.  
I'm open to musical collaboration as long as any collaborator(s) is/are willing to work around my existing vocal melody.  I'm not anxious to abandon that vocal melody.  It preceded the lyrics.  

Goodbye Pinnochio

VERSE:  
Goodbye Pinnochio, we’re rid of you at last.  
I wish that I could say it’s been a blast.  
It’s been an education, but it’s never been much fun.  
And a narcissistic child gets old real fast.  

Truth is like a foreign language to you,
and you’re too damned weak to compromise.                    
It took awhile but now it’s clear that you can’t trust a man
whose subject to believing his own lies.              

CHORUS:  
So long Pinnochio.  Hasta La Vista baby.  
Sayonara, Adios, Arrivaderci,  no more chance.                  
There’s 100 ways to say it and they all mean the same.
Good riddance to your sorry song and dance.

VERSE:  
You’re friends tried to tell you that your luck might be changed,  
if some of your attitudes were only re-arranged.
You angrily told them “I’m just fine,
just the way that I am.”  

Fare-thee-well Pinnochio.  We'll be seeing you around.
We’ll be picking all our pride up off the ground.            
We’ll salvage a bit of it by knowing you've been fired.    
You can keep the rest as you are outward bound.    

BRIDGE:  
Goodbye Pinnochio, we’ve run you off today.  
But goodbye isn’t all we have to say.
Goodby Pinnochio, it’ll probly seem unkind,
but, we’ll leave you with a piece of our mind.  

CHORUS:  
So long Pinnochio,  Hasta La Vista baby.  
Sayonara, Adios, arrivaderci,  no more chance.                  
There’s 100 ways to say it and they all mean the same.    
Good riddance to your sorry song and dance.

VERSE:      
If somebody offered you the clothes that he wore,    
you’d take them and negotiate for a little bit more.  
Your whole life is a pathetic metaphor
for squandered possibilities.            

President Pinnochio, when it's all been said and done.  
I wish that I could say that it’s been fun.  
You couldn’t keep a promise, and you never built a wall.  
Your competence was the biggest joke of all.  

CHORUS:  
So long Pinnochio,  Hasta La Vista baby.  
Sayonara, Adios, arrivaderci,  no more chance.                  
There’s 100 ways to say it and they all mean the same.                                                                      Good riddance to your sorry song and dance.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:14:38 AM by hardtwistmusic »
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »
Hey hardtwist

These lyrics are well written. There is nothing that I could find fault with and if you have melody already in mind then I know they'll fit the music!

It's hard when you feel time pressured due to the nature of the theme but I hope you find the time to finish this as you see it in your mind. I will be keeping an eye out for the finished song...love to see how you've put these to music

Good writing pal!

All the best

Darren

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:01:34 PM »
Thank you for the feedback and encouragement.

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 11:14:31 PM »

Hi Verlon,
     I take it your vote went somewhere else. This guy sure gets some stick, but i guess he has no one to blame but himself. But then again, he could blame the fools that voted him in. Strong stuff my friend, and better to let it out than to keep it bottled up inside. What can i say, except you said it.

No complaints
                                  Vintage54

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 08:58:51 AM »
Hi Verlon

Nixon? Carter? Reagan? Bush snr? Clinton? Bush jr? Obama?

The title didn't narrow it down much  ;)

But...as ridiculous as I'm about to sound...it's possible that Mr Trump might survive and ultimately prove to be one of the best presidents the USA ever had...there's all sorts of crazy stuff happening behind the scenes IMO.

That "Russia hacked the election" stuff might just prove to be a crock of shit and the real story might just blow the doors off...who knows...

Anyway...a very powerful, well-written lyric and you certainly give him some stick!

<removes Devils Advocate outfit>
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 08:28:34 AM »
Hi Verlon

But...as ridiculous as I'm about to sound...it's possible that Mr Trump might survive and ultimately prove to be one of the best presidents the USA ever had...there's all sorts of crazy stuff happening behind the scenes IMO.

That "Russia hacked the election" stuff might just prove to be a crock of shit and the real story might just blow the doors off...who knows...

<removes Devils Advocate outfit>

All that you say could, in fact happen.  Time will tell.  One of the hardest things for me (and others) is that, (in spite of the incredible speed at which everything comes at us) investigations take time.  Watergate took at least 18 months.  Whitewater about three years (if I remember right), and the Iran Contra Scandal took at least a year to investigate.  In spite of the speed of new revelations coming at us, the actual work of investigating won't be over soon. 

And, as you point out, it could turn out to be another "Whitewater" instead of "Another Watergate." 

The current fear in our little farming state is that Farm Subsidies are scheduled to be drastically cut.  Farmers are/were absolute supporters of Trump and a key cornerstone to his support base. But they will NOT just stand down (or stand by) while farm subsidies are cut. 

Everybody wants to cut "the other guy's welfare payments."  We do live in frightfully interesting times.  I haven't been interested in Politics for years.  I am now. 

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 08:49:50 AM »
Wise words, Verlon

One of the consolations of Trumps victory is, I think, that people who previously may not have felt offended enough by their abandonment to get active about it under previous administrations, are beginning to feel the need to take action. Donald had best not forget the people who helped put him there...they really don't need or deserve another kick in the teeth.

You all have my best wishes in these difficult times  :)

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 09:09:16 AM »
I gratefully accept your best wishes, and hope for the best while preparing for the worst.  'o)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
Hi Verlon

Well that was a fun read  ;D
They say (maybe it was you who did) that protest songs peak every time the republicans are in office.
Maybe it's because politics get interesting, but I think there is something deeper going on here.
I think people that live in modern democracies after many years of freedom tend to forget what freedom is - because they have nothing in their world-view to compare it to. So, not know what it is, they also don't know what they need to do to protect it IMHO.

I liked this lyric  - but I would have sooner seen the original title "Goodbye Pinnochio" and leave it to the listener to decide who it refers to.  ;D

Good write!
Paul

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 10:26:27 PM »
Hi Verlon

Well that was a fun read  ;D
They say (maybe it was you who did) that protest songs peak every time the republicans are in office.
Maybe it's because politics get interesting, but I think there is something deeper going on here.
I think people that live in modern democracies after many years of freedom tend to forget what freedom is - because they have nothing in their world-view to compare it to. So, not know what it is, they also don't know what they need to do to protect it IMHO.

I liked this lyric  - but I would have sooner seen the original title "Goodbye Pinnochio" and leave it to the listener to decide who it refers to.  ;D

Good write!
Paul

In a certain (frightening) way, these last five months (has it REALLY only been five months?) have led to one inescapable positive outcome. 

In the words of Joni Mitchell in "Big Yellow Taxi" 

"Lord, but don't it always seem
That you don't know what you've got til it's gone."   

A WHOLE BUNCH of Americans now know what we had and took for granted. 

Hopefully, nothing vital is gone for good.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 08:13:43 AM »
I dunno, Verlon  :)

Didn't Obama promise to bring the troops home, close Guantanamo Bay and get tough with the banks? And then do nothing of the sort?

I believe he allowed the CIA to continue its torture programme, the NSA to illegally spy on the entire population, massively increased the assassination of anyone he saw fit to kill (including US citizens) without trial by drone strike, engaged special forces all over the world, destroyed Libya, engineered a coup in Ukraine and prosecuted more of the whistleblowers of some of those wrong-doings than all other presidents combined.

The Democratic party he led descended into chaos and contrived to ensure the nomination of a presidential candidate that was so unpalatable that they lost the election to the guy you now have running the country.

I honestly don't think the wheels suddenly fell off the USA around January 20th.