konalavadome

Elvis Has Left the Building In A Mess

• 26 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 01:43:15 PM »
Many thanks for all the replies
I suppose Im a little disappointed only one person said 'catchy', as that  was what I was aiming for  here, big time, above everything else...I normally end songs quick but here I decided to do the catchy maximise thing by repeating the chorus over & over for extra infectiousness...but you were all immune :(

Sandeep : yes I suppose it is a bit 2 Tone, thats funny bcos I heard it as dance pop until you said that

Leo: If Id have been Elvis's housekeeper I think Id need a staff of about 50! He lived in a palace didnt he ...well he was the King :)

John: Sorry to hear about your synth!..you must cut down on your salt, its bad for your blood pressure ...Sprinkle your synth with little olive oil instead :)

Pauly: I have never understood this Super Mario thing he looks like a Italian plumber not a super hero? ...Thank you for your enthusiasm for my FAWM album!

Paul Ads: No I was never a Elvis fan either! but he was incredibly good looking so he was worth watching if nothing else :)
Playing keyboards is easy, you just work out the chord shapes like on a fretboard & pretend youre playing one handed guitar.. except you now have a free hand for nibbles & things ...its great!

Morefrog: Yes we definitely need more quirkiness...if all these muslim terrorists were quirky instead of fundamentalist & went round playing pranks instead of murdering, I am sure Allah would be a lot happier

Davy: I checked out your Split Enz song ...omg I hope you didnt take any fashion guidance from them! ;D

Yoda: I cant think why you couldnt make out the lyrics? Maybe you were thinking about pole dancing again & werent concentrating! ;D

Scott: I love to hear of people attempting to dance while sitting in a chair.. it sounds so reckless :)

Darren: I love to read your comments you are are very kind! & havent been here long enough to get fed up with me yet :)

Adam: Knowing what a big spoilt baby Elton can be, I thought 'regressed' was a good word
but maybe it sounds a bit clumsy

Paulski: Im sure you would know the expression 'Elvis has left the building' being from Northern USA ;D ...but wasnt sure if Brits knew it so well?

Derek: Im sure the music isnt realy your thing, so thank you...glad you liked the idea :)

hope I havent missed any body out!
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 01:55:35 PM »
Dear Tina.
Good luck with your song.
Elvis is a kind of icon of mine.
I once etched him in 1980.
I have done Art all my life and was once an Efit artist.

Regards
Jackdaw1888 :-)
The Road to Happiness leads nowhere.
Happiness is the Road itself.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 02:19:22 PM »
Tinam,
I liked the original version, this works too. This is what I originally wrote and it still stands
"Great title and intro. Like the energetic arrangement / some great lines in there. Regression !
And a solo. Just hoping its on a lime green ibenez?
Short and all the better for it. If Fawm has talked me one thing brevity is your friend."

I think your vocals should be a little less hidden in the mix.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »
Darren: I love to read your comments you are are very kind! & havent been here long enough to get fed up with me yet

Hah! I will work on my meanness :-[

I listened to this again today and stand by all my praise of your work. Do you have the album available to listen to full? I'd be keen to listen

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »
Do you have the album available to listen to full? I'd be keen to listen

I havent bothered putting out a album for some years...& i still have mxed thoughts about it, but a few people have expressed interest recently, which is nice

so thank you for your interest Darren & if you can wait till August I should have something ready by then :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Oldbutyet

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 10:31:37 PM »
No doubt about it you got style Tina in those fingers of yours and thoughts, interested in collaboration.

I've a lyric from years back that might suit your style but you might have to go beyond three minute  8)

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »
Another enjoyable listen. This is trademark Tina! Love your highly imaginative sense of humour.
I wouldn't be overly concerned about people not referring to it as catchy. i think it's partly the style of the song also in the way it's produced that means there are a lot of melodies, and effects competing for the listeners attention. I think because of this, there is not one single melody that stands out. You definitely have a knack for catchy melodies, but I personally think this is more evident in some of your other songs. In particular, The Cars go by and Storm Girl, where the vocal melodies are given much more room to breathe. Just my tuppence. Thanks for posting. Micky.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 11:55:52 AM »
Hi Tina, I was hearing an unholy marriage between talking heads and the buggles, I know I'll keep taking the tablets. A lot of fun and the quirky synths worked well. You have some strange ideas girl!
Cheers
Jamie

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »
Hi Tina,

Damn you........How come all your songs are so catchy....Ha love this one...

They all give me a little chuckle when I think, "this is great, how did she come up with that"

Think I said before, not sure whats goin on in Tina's world but it sounds more fun than mine.

Nice work,
Andy

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 08:30:21 PM »
Loads of fun tina, both lyrically and musically!  Great to see that you are embracing new instruments to compliment your guitar driven recordings.  Awesome that you have conjured so many songs from FAWM.

Paul

Ashes for Dreams

• Busker
    • Official Homepage
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 08:53:10 AM »
Quirk Rock indeed! Mad in a good way as always, however I do miss some of your trademark fretwork and the synths was not quite my cup of tea. Doing mad things with a guitar requires skills while doing mad things with a synth only requires, well, madness?
So, for me this was definitely a Tina song but not (to me) not quite as good as your best.
Loved the lyrics btw!
ashesfordreams.com
soundcloud.com/ashesfordreams
facebook.com/ashesfordreams
youtube.com/channel/UCB4f9GngKS_mhLKyk5Nptnw

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 09:20:53 PM »
Do you have the album available to listen to full? I'd be keen to listen

I havent bothered putting out a album for some years...& i still have mxed thoughts about it, but a few people have expressed interest recently, which is nice

so thank you for your interest Darren & if you can wait till August I should have something ready by then :)

I will be waiting eagerly but no rush :P I can be patient ;) Thanks Tina