konalavadome

Shadow Puppets

• 30 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »
WOW<Paul! This is amazingly sentimental :) it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside  :-*
I think the strings need to be warmer, but other than that, this is a top notch song...lyrics, melody, arrangement and production :o I could hear this in a Disney show as well :) You should pitch it  :)

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:32 PM »
This is not my style at all - but Wow what a lovely song - you would have to some sort of hard heart not to be moved by this song - Jim Crochet? came to mind - proper old fashioned songwriting. excellent stuff.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 08:44:16 AM »
I remember seeing these lyrics not long ago and I wondered what they would sound like to music.

You've pulled them off nicely in your characteristic style.

Simple yet thought provoking lyrics.

Your style always sounds very familier to me, yet it's alien in the sense that I wouldn't know where to start in writing it myself.

For this reason I can't suggest much in the way of improvements. The simple arrangement works well with the theme I think.

Enjoyable.

Yodasdad

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 03:46:15 PM »
Paul, you do these musical ballads really well and whilst the genre is not my cup of tea you know how to do it. Familiar and professional sounding song to my ears.
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 07:24:25 PM »
It's classy songwriting Paul and a top notch performance...no nuance missed....you do this kind of thing so well. Should be or have been out there somewhere already...sounds like it should be part of our collective musical history.

I see now that I'm echoing Neil's comment but that's the way it is.

Nothing I can offer as an improvement on this.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »
Hi Paul,

Think someone said on here about could be in a movie, reminds me of Toys story when he meets Jessie,

Could easily be used in film and TV.

Great work.
Andy

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 12:00:49 PM »
Hi Paul, you're masterful touch and style is all over this. Very sentimental, bit in a good way! Top notch Paul.
Cheers
Jamie

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
Gotta pay my thank you bill - getting overdue  ;D

@tina m - thanks Tina - I'll take a Randy Newman reference any day  ;D BTW moose don't have fingers to play.. - oh I get it haha - Is that what Canada's known for? Here I thought it was hockey  ;D ;D

@Graemepryce - cheers Graeme - very kind of you! I think I know what you mean - and I'm happy the song came across that way. I agree it's shorter than most ballads - I'd rather too short than too long though  ;D thanks again.

@Darren1664 - thank you Darren. I've never been called mesmerizing before - that's a first  ;D, but I'm glad you liked it.

@crystalsuzy - thanks Suzy - where do I sign up for that Disney contract? I have a friend who works there - Mickey something. Cheers for the kind words from the west.

@Morefrog Jones  - thanks MJ - means even more coming from someone that doesn't follow the genre (whatever the genre is..)

@Yodasdad Thank you Yoda. You're not the first to say my stuff is alien  ;D As long as it doesn't alienate I'm good.  ;D

@Neil C - thanks Neil - appreciate you listening and commenting!

@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - cheers Ian - means a lot from someone who knows the genre too  ;D I always fear I'm going to hear the same melody in a mall or sth and say "Oh that's where I stole it from!"  ;D Or maybe I'll just say "They must have travelled into the future and stole it from me - yeah that works better..

@Cawproductions - thanks Andy - much appreciated@

@Jamie - Thanks Jamie - sentimental is just what I was going for in a melancholy sort of way  ;D

Hope I didn't miss anyone - if I did, well thank you too  ;D ;D

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 09:29:23 AM »
Wow, I really got goosebumps from this. So beautiful music and such sad but moving lyrics. Just perfect!

Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

Gill

• Open Mic
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 08:42:02 PM »
I enjoyed that. Reminds me of Randy Newman  :)

Oldbutyet

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2017, 10:18:46 PM »
Beautiful song Paul, would stop an audience from talking.

Find a bar with a piano in it and play your songs live, magic   8)

Andyb

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »
I'm sure others have remarked on its Disney vibe. Its. Not really my area of expertise but it is..... Beautiful

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2017, 05:00:42 PM »
@Wolfini - very kind of you to say that - thanks!

@Fhaos - will take a Randy Newman reference any day - thanks  ;D

@Oldbutyet - cheers Pat - might stop 'em from talking but won't stop 'em from leaving  ;D
Seriously though appreciate the kind words  ;D

@Andyb - thanks Andy - not my area of expertise either but glad you liked it.

..and thanks again to all who listened and commented  ;D

Paul

Moomond

• Busker
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 10:09:13 PM »
I agree with what people have said about it being perfect for a Toy Story film. Very arresting within the first few seconds and beautifully recorded. I'm not sure about the lyrics - to me they dance along the line between sentimental and slightly schmalzy, probably staying just about on the right side. I think the overtly stylised vocal helps with that - you sort of get away with it by virtue of not pretending to complexity.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2017, 01:41:54 AM »
I really have nothing useful to add, but I did want to get my accolades in. So just multiply all the nice things everyone else already said (sorry I'm so slow, they all got in front of me!) by one more.  ;D

Vicki