Sing Hallelujah (Collab with Mike67)

• 18 Replies

Mike67

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 09:01:04 AM »
It's probably because I'm not religious so talk of the Devil and such don't mean much to me.
Also when you say "No,no, no" etc before Hallelujah, you're telling us to sing it, but don't sing it? Maybe that's the point, but to me it was a contradiction.

Just to respond on the lyrics. They are what they are; just a bit of fun really. I'm not religious either, but religion does provide some useful metaphors for general anti-social behaviours. But I didn't understand the contradiction, I'm afraid. If the lyric was: "don't sing Hallelujah", I'd agree. It's saying, at least it's meant to, "no" i.e. Don't do it. Sing Hallelujah in that context is a "praise the lord" type thing. It's meanest to be a sermon.

Mike

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
Hi guys, a very good collaboration. Love the vocals and the instrumentation. Production sounded good to me. Lots to like here! I could imagine seeing a performance of this on jools holland!
Cheers
Jamie

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 09:05:02 PM »
Real Bluesy song,

Could imagine singing this in a smoked fill piano bar.

The kind of song that would grace Ronnie Scotts.

Great Singing too!

Sandeep

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 04:02:18 PM »
Yes, this one had my foot tapping from the off, with the drum, piano and organ all providing a great platform for the tune and your vocals, which sound just right for this.
Had a neat southern rock/gospel feel.
 :)
Neil 
songwriter of no repute..