Icebergs

• 21 Replies

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »
Lovely instrumentation throughout. The lyrics are very good - a great way of telling a tough story. I thought the heavy guitar moment in the bridge was a bit too heavy - more jangly-ness required, as we got elsewhere. But overall very good and one of my favourites of yours.
West Country Country Boy

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 02:20:07 PM »
"Only the lawyers get rich when he's a bastard and she's a bitch" - that's so good.

Really like the desecration etc part as well!

Very melodic, sounding great too.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 12:52:07 PM »
Digger,

Great to here from you and delighted with your comments especially on lyrics and vocals

Bin,

thanks for listening and lead break - yeah 70's doubled guitar Mike Ronson, the guy from Pilot..

PaulAds

Cheers for feedback on jangleness and lyrics

Skub

You unfailingly get a wonderful guitar sound. I love that clearly defined,mud-free jangle. You got any tips on that front?
Well the acoustic is a very cheap Sigma 12 string (£100 eBay inc case!!)
mik'ed a 3-4 inches away via a RODE NT1A. With Waves Acoustic ACG plugin.

Electrics guitars and bass are always via a Kemper profiling amp https://www.kemper-amps.com. Amazing high end kit that has profiles of every amp you want. This was a AC30 TB on the 12 string electric. I then apply a EZmiz guitar bus cut and compression and then sometimes a stereo effect.   Middle 8 :-)

tina, I love reading your comments amusing and insightful. I like to keep it real and appropriate for people a certain age. I would sound all wrong it i tried to get to jiggy with the kidz.

delBoy

delighted you liked the instrumentation and story telling. Middle 8 being a bit heavier was a conscious decision. You cant please all the people all the time..

Adam

yes not sure whether those lines cam from but I'm surrounded by various divorces at the moment and desecration, well what a great word.
songwriter of no repute..

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 09:35:39 PM »
Well it's definitely a foot tapper. A fine song. I like the vocal melody a lot. I agree with Del Boy that the bridge is heavy but I dont mind that. However, I think you should sustain that level of heaviness for the remainder of the song. The last verse feels a little light after the bridge. I wanted to hear that loud guitar come back !

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 07:59:50 PM »
Hello Neil,

This is a toe tapper for sure. The playing is up to your high standard and is very easy on the ears.

I like most of the imagery in the lyrics. The only bit I tripped over was the "all that's left is gone" section with the gold and cards. I may be wrong, but i just couldn't quite get my head around it. I think it's the way u say all that is left (which usually means at least SOMETHING is there) is gone......hmm,Sorry mate.

Anyway, other than that I really like it! Cheers
Leo

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »
Well crafted songs.

Great guitar playing.

Love the iceberg comparison.

Sandeep

PENKSLYRICS

• Open Mic
    • Penkslyrics
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 12:41:40 PM »
Hey Neil

I really like this, great guitars, melody and lyrics. I was toe tapping and head nodding, at the same time. Think you've handled it very well, seeing as you know both people.