konalavadome

"Played" Two Hours

• 17 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »
Brilliant Vicki  :) You have my absolute respect as getting up in front of people is the toughest gig ever. Love it. John

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 03:48:45 AM »
Thanks, John!

I did it again tonight. The local community theater organization had a variety show and invited me to participate. I sang two of my songs: "Everybody Wants You, Baby" and "Makin' Lemonade", and Tom's song again: "Everybody Wants". I also did two songs with my former quartet--"The Rose" and Cohen's "Hallelujah". The microphones were having some problems while the quartet was singing.

I was SO nervous after the quartet and before my solo act. And then the sound system nearly quit working altogether. That did not calm me down at all. One of the other acts brought their own sound equipment, so they helped us out. Thank goodness!

My singing went much better than I expected, but I was so stressed by then, I had a knot in my stomach, which is now very slowly dissolving. I need to get out and sing more often, I think.

I hope to get a video from this show, too...I hope they don't have technical difficulties with that.

An interesting side note--there was a juggling and unicycle riding group performing at the show--the Hanson Family from Iowa. The dad holds the record (according to the Guinness book of world records) for fastest juggler in the world. Not only did he break the previous record, he went back again and broke his own record.

Anyway, I need to calm down so I can sleep tonight. :D

Vicki

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 04:23:02 AM »
Got another song from the Arts Expo loaded into YouTube (
). This one is "Makin' Lemonade". I have to apologize for talking in the middle of the awesome guitar solo. :( I didn't realize I talk so much when I have a live audience. It seemed like the thing to do at the time.

I have also finished "Everybody Wants You, Baby" (
). Again, too much talking when I should be listening to the great guitar solo. Oh well. I got no manners....

Vicki