konalavadome

Checking in

• 4 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »
Hi, been posting for a couple of days already on the song reviews and realised I should have said hi here.
This forum is a wish-come-true for me - I've been looking for a while for a place to swap constructive ideas and get feedback from other songwriters, but the others I'd found were either paid-for commercial models or too much about competition and self-promotion, so super happy to have landed here.
I'm Pauly (normally Paul but Tina told there are loads of Pauls already so I'll stick with the extra Y...), live in Brighton UK, and have been writing songs forever but upped the output a lot in the last couple of years.  I write for Elastic Justice, 4 guys who used to house share in Clapham and now we live variously in Brighton, Miami and San Fran, but we file share over the interweb using Logic to get our stuff finished.  Biggest influences are probably the Kinks, Madness, Blur... that kind of British story-telling angle, with a bit of Floyd and Bowie around the edges.  It is super to be amongst you. PAULY
It's all too beautiful.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:30:42 AM »
Hello Paul

Great to have you on board...I'd be lost without this forum...it's helped me enormously.

I'm sure you'll find it just as helpful.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
Welcome Paul-y,

Yeah, it's a great forum and I can see from your reviews your going to be a valuable contributor.

I'm sure you'll get plenty from this place.

See you round.

Yodasdad

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 07:33:09 PM »
Hi PaulyX!

Yes, this forum is kind of good.  :) The most valuable parts are
imo feedback but also the opportunity to hear music I would
never get in contact with otherwise. (And practicing spelling
in English.) 

Writing reviews is fun too.

I hope you keep enjoying the forum, or should I say, The Forum.

Martin

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »
Welcome Pauly - Like a lot of the guys have said, this place is invaluable and you'll find a wide range of genres and styles. Have been absolutely invaluable for me in my development both as a writer and learning production. Cheers  :)