konalavadome

Can't believe it's taken me this long to introduce myself

• 4 Replies

Deadwood

• Busker
« on: April 27, 2017, 12:03:00 AM »
Hi all

Loving being on this forum. Signed up a month or so ago and it's been a real education to me. Heard such a diverse range of stuff and some incredible songs. Lots of very talented lyricists and song writers here.

Music is my passion and has been all my life. My first instrument was cello which I played through my teenage years including in a local youth orchestra. But then I wanted to be in a band and the cello took a back seat while I got stuck into learning guitar. My preference is for acoustic rather than electric.  I've also dabbled in keyboards, bass and drums.

I've always enjoyed writing songs but struggled with lyrics. I've had the occasional flash of inspiration but it definitely doesn't come naturally to me. Writing melodies does and I've got loads of melody ideas recorded ready to be connected with the perfect lyrics. I've hooked up with Mike67 on the forum as his lyrics are fab and I've enjoyed having the opportunity to actually write and record complete songs.

I've got Propellerhead Reason software and musical gear set up in my loft which is my cave when I want to escape the family for several hours.

I still play cello reasonably proficiently and I'm happy to add a cello line to your song if that's what you are looking for.

I'm also in a rock covers band. We're called UpSide and we had the huge pleasure of playing the O2 Shepherds Bush in December. If you're interested in seeing us in action, search She Sells Sanctuary UpSide on YouTube.

See you round!

Ed

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 02:25:30 AM »
Hi Ed,

I've been seeing you around the boards a bit, so here's my belated welcome to the forum!

Vicki

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 08:12:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum ED

I LOVED what you did with "Walk Away" and I am really looking forward to hearing more results from this amazing Collab with MIKE67
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 08:30:02 AM »
Hi there Mr Ed (sorry)

Good to have you with us.

I've heard some of your stuff, good quality.

Your story sounds similar to mine with regards the struggle with lyrics.

Nice of you to offer the cello, I may well take you up on that at some point. Love the sound of a cello on the right song.

See ya round

Yodasdad

Deadwood

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 10:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm feeling the forum love!