konalavadome

The shape of things?

• 8 Replies

joepravda

• Busker
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:10:24 PM »
hello.

my first time on here, there's some good stuff, good tunes.
this is a work in progress of mine.the shape of things.
https://soundcloud.com/pravda-cabal/shape-of-things

it is a bit of a change of direction for me so i thought i would get opinions on it!.

its an illusion
just a delusion
feed you lies just to add to the confusion
let off a warhead
lay on your deathbed
save yourselves now put a bullet through your head

no revolution
no execution
stood apart you aint finding a solution
soak up the lie
alternative fact
should've took the time to read the contract

just look at what we've done...its the shape of things to come!

(mid)
i'm gonna be there when the walls come down, see the lies exposed
i'm gonna be there when they bring you down watch it decompose

it's not too difficult to guess my inspiration for this track!.....crazy times!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:13:29 PM by joepravda »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:37:32 PM »
Hi Joe. Like this a lot. Welcome BTW. Reminded me a lot of some early 80's stuff Flock of Seagulls etc. Maybe some of the guitars were panned too far left or right, nevertheless I really enjoyed the listen. Cheers Pompeyjazz

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:42:47 PM »
Joe. Just a couple of tips if you want some constructive feedback. Firstly review a few of the other members songs as and give us a bit of an intro. Think you've got some good stuff going down BTW  :)

joepravda

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 09:47:44 PM »
cheers pompeyjazz.
you are right about the panning...i just twisted the knobs until it sounded...ok...ish lol.

i'm just getting into doing the mixing etc..so i know it's going to be a big learning curve.good to hear feedback though...all helps

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
Hey pal

I do like this song!! It's really catchy and the words roll nicely to the music. The bass line is really nice and so too are the guitars (you're a good guitarist!!)

Thanks for sharing this - I will be keeping an eye out for your stuff!

All the best mate
Darren

Deadwood

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 11:12:54 PM »
Hi Joe

Welcome to the forum. I'm a relative newbie myself.

I like your song. You've got some interesting sounds going on - particularly with the synth. Quite a retro sound which is cool. Nice voice as well.

My only suggestion is that it's a tad long. 3'30 would work better in my opinion.

I would encourage you to get involved in all aspects of the forum - you'll pick up loads of useful tips from listening to other stuff, giving feedback and reading other people's feedback.

Ed

joepravda

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 06:53:55 PM »
cheers darren,and ed....you are right about it being too long,i was thinking the same but went with it....i could crop a good 20-30 seconds off it i think.

cheers

joe

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 05:25:07 AM »
Hey Joe

First off it's a good solid song, nicely played and made. Sounds really good. Nice guitar motif running through it which sticks in the head and together with that nice driving beat gives it a strong definition.

Yes...a tad long. You could only repeat verse 1 before the bridge perhaps. That heavier riffing guitar makes a good entrance which might be even better coming in earlier than expected. So...verse1, verse2, chorus then verse1 BANG in comes the bridge.

Then you kind of lose the impact by going into verse1 AGAIN! I reckon a short but explosive guitar solo instead then chorus and to the finish....or just straight into the chorus if you hate guitar solos.

Good song though.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »
Good recording - a nice mix of electronic drums  and guitars?  One or two lovely rhyming couples in there too.  Perhaps the main guitar riff is a little simplistic but that may also be part of it's charm.  Good length and overall, an enjoyable listen.

Paul