Istanbul

• 20 Replies

Rick trodat

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 12:29:57 PM »
Great song. But it is too long in my opinion. Also the silence at 1:53 is about three seconds, thats quite long at 3:53 there is another long silence.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 07:01:53 PM »
Hi Ray, really interesting song - like some of the comments above I started off being totally thrown by the vocal delivery and not liking it, but by the end that's what I liked most about it.  (That said, for comparison, I'd love to hear a version where you just talk it all and don't half-sing... it might work even better).  Overall it felt really confident, not labouring too hard to please, and not afraid to cut its own path.  Like a eccentric, charismatic old gent walking slowly down the road.  The acoustic guitar picking is beautiful and I liked your restrained use of effects in the backing guitar licks.
It's all too beautiful.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 10:49:26 PM »
Hello mate,

My god man, that's some really beautiful guitar playing there & the lyrics are awesome!

I just kinda wanted the vocal melody to change a bit more. It was a little bit samey throughout for my taste, sorry.

I thought the mix was great.

All in all I really enjoyed your song.
Cheers  ;D

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »
Hi Ray,

Definitely thought provoking and love the guitars ....the tune resonates .

Can hear hints of Cohen.

Great song

Sandeep

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 03:01:41 PM »
Ray, I like the playing and lyrics.
Less keen on the talking/style but i got used to it after a while.
Intriguing
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Moomond

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 09:30:24 PM »
Big thanks to everybody for the feedback on this one. It's been great to get a wide perspective on how well it works for people. I launched my debut EP yesterday, with this track on it, and you guys have been a big help in bringing that to fruition.

Hoorah!