Fellow Canadian here!

• 9 Replies

DrJoeHankin

• Busker
« on: April 14, 2017, 10:05:49 PM »
A couple days shy, but here I am.

I've been writing my own music since age 11, I'm now 17. My cousin used to come over every Sunday for a jam session. Now he only comes twice a month. June 26 will mark 1.5 years of jamming together. Couldn't ask for a better teacher. He's quite intriguing to say the least. He has a home studio that we share when I visit.

I was born with this excellent gift called Absolute Pitch that I only discovered around a year ago. Only 1% of the whole world has it. I'm so honoured and greatful that I out of all people have this wonderful gift.

I'm pretty tall too, so my voice carries through a crowd and never goes unnoticed. Especially because I do the announcements every morning at my school.

Overall, I'm proud of where I am today. Let's see where another few years takes me.

David
David

Oldbutyet

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:43:30 PM »
Warm Welcome David, I have to say that's one hell of an introduction, but be careful don't lose it here.

Post one of what you have then do a few reviews, the ice is thick here  8)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 11:05:17 PM »
Nice one David. Phew ! Perect pitch. You are indeed blessed. Looking forward to hearing your tunes. Welcome buddy

DrJoeHankin

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 04:07:29 AM »
I'll try to get some musical material up as soon as I can. I'll keep you guys posted!

Thanks guys!  :D
David

Gill

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:45 PM »
Hello and welcome, can I have your perfect pitch please? thanks :)

DrJoeHankin

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »
Hello and welcome, can I have your perfect pitch please? thanks :)

With pleasure! lol  ;D
David

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 11:55:27 AM »
Welcome Dr,

Perfect pitch eh? I'm sure this will come in useful when commenting on people's work. I am imagining it can be a bit of a curse at times as well as a gift though.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Yodasdad

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 07:21:24 PM »
Yo fella,welcome along.

17 years old with perfect pitch and already a doctor? Being from Cannuckistan is admittedly a drawback,but hey we all have our crosses to bear.  ;)

I'll confess to owning T-shirts older than you but that's what happens when you don't die young,though god almighty,I did try!  :D

Mike67

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 07:26:38 PM »
Welcome to the site, and don't worry about the pitch thing; we'll have you singing to our level in no time.

Mike

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »
Welcome aboard David -
I knew a girl once who was a perfect b!tch  ;D but I don't think that's the same thing.

The more canucks the better I'd say (despite what the skubber will tell you  ;D)

Looking 4ward to hearing your stuff.

Go Canada!
Paul