konalavadome

Sundown

• 47 Replies

More Than I Ever Hoped

• Busker
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
I like the other version better  :-\
i think the other version was more personal, less manufactured although i did like the guitars added to it
The song itself is gorgeous amazing job :)   

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 12:43:49 AM »
Have listened to both versions really carefully and I like the new version better with the guitars and so on. Have to be truthful though, I much prefered you singing it. I think this song suits your voice and the feel that you put into it.

Also. On the line,"I can not wait for you to feel" there seems to be a mistake on the piano? A timing thing I think.
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

miniking

• Busker
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 10:33:39 PM »
Nice, beautiful and haunting. I like the use of the major sixth, I love the melancholic feel it gives when done properly.

Mark L

• Busker
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »
That is quite beautiful

Honestly, I love it :)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 11:13:39 PM »
Hi guys - thanks for the nice comments.

@Schavuitje - I know what you mean about the timing thing, but it is intentional. It doesn't skip a beat, only feels like it does.

@miniking - major sixth works even better when you do it without even being aware of it :p

@Mark - thank you :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »
Well done Tone,

It's good to hear a piano composition from you.  Its clear that you are a very serious songwriter.  I do hope that you get 'round to making studio recordings of your material and think that this will enable you to attract a much larger audience for your songwriting talent, if that is your goal.  I especially liked  the progression into the chorus which provides a good contrast  to the verses.  It is also here, that the vocal melody is at it strongest!  I can hear the Crowded House connection in your work, Neil Finn is a writer that I  too admire  tremendously.  It's clear to me that you are a very good lyricist and that you strive for perfection.  I would prefer to hear lyrics that are easier to understand without explanation.  I too, like many songwriters need to work on this aspect!  This however, is not a criticism, just my preference. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your work and in the meantime congratulate you on this beautiful composition.  Paul

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 08:22:04 PM »
Paul - you're too kind! Thanks for your comments. Have you heard the new crowded house album? Not as goos as Time on Earth, but still some cracking writing on it.

As far as studio recordings go, I have a friend with a copy of protools and some decent mics, and we're trying to organise time to sit down and make some decent demos. Wish me luck, eh? ;)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 04:47:58 PM »
very good

good luck with the recording, Tone

Paul

• Platinum Album
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 08:27:08 PM »
Hi Tone,

I totally agree, 'Time On Earth' is quite majestic,though as you pointed out, 'Intrigue' is a very good album.  I think that Neil Finn was probably at his best on 'together alone.'

Cheers,

Paul

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »
Paul, I used to agree that Together Alone was his best writing, but now I think it's Time On Earth - such beautiful songs! :)

What do you make of the earlier albums?

Paul

• Platinum Album
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
Hi Tone,

I've admired Crowded House since the early days.  Unfortunately I haven't heard the first albums since I lost them when my house was burgled many years ago.  Prior to this, I played the albums often and enjoyed them tremendously.  I should buy them again and enjoy the listening experience all over again!  'Woodface' is one of my favourite albums. ' There goes God, in his sexy pants with his sausage dog', 'Not everyone in New York would pay to see andrew Lloys Webber.  May his trousers fall down as he bows to the King and the crown.'  Simply wonderful writing.

Do you have any favourite lyrics from the albums?

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »
Hi Paul

Of course I do - there's some real gems in those early records too. I love "I don't pretend to know what you want, but I offer love".  "Now her parents are divorced, her friend's committed suicide, I could not escape" is another classic.  "I'd much rather have a caravan in the hills than a mansion in the slums, the taste of success only lasts a half an hour or less, but it loves you when it comes". There are too many. Pretty much all of woodface!
I went to see them a couple of years ago - it was a truly spiritual experience. :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »
I think I really should listen to some of the work of crowded house ::)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
Dutchbeat - you certainly should! For pure pop, start with woodface album. For something a bit deeper, go for Time on Earth. But in truth, if it's crowded house, you can't go wrong! Enjoy :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »
o.k.

I will!